Wounded Warrior Project
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Warrior Support Specialist - Jacksonville, FL
at Wounded Warrior Project
- Warrior Engagement
The Wounded Warrior Project (WWP) Warrior Support Specialist – Resource Center monitors the activities of the Resource Center’s agents as they provide internal and external information, referral services, and outreach to wounded warriors and their family members, and ensures resources are utilized effectively to promote quality service and warrior satisfaction.
Note: The WWP Resource Center is a multi-channel contact center that serves and supports wounded warriors and their families to assist warriors with their long-term recovery and empowerment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitor and coach Warrior Support Coordinators as they provide warrior support through telephonic helpline assistance and reply to inbound and outbound emails and ensure quality service and warrior satisfaction.
- Provide front-line support to warrior support coordinators to ensure resources are used efficiently and in ways to promote high quality service and warrior satisfaction.
- Monitor call volume and take inbound calls as necessary to support the operation.
- Proficiently perform warrior support coordinators duties and responsibilities.
- Create, update, and maintain current and accurate data in WWP internal systems.
- Ensure Warrior Support Coordinators are appropriately assessing and triaging the needs of warriors, caregivers, and family members, and properly coordinating the alumni registration and verification process. Follow up with teammates, warriors, caregivers, family members, and community resources as appropriate.
- Identify and handle crisis situations, including suicide intervention and prevention.
- Identify process gaps, staffing issues, and provide suggestions to leadership for improvement to enhance the Resource Center’s effectiveness.
- Collaborate with management to ensure resources, training, and information are available to support the team. Establish effective working relationships and work collaboratively with WWP teammates.
- Solve problems and provide timely resolution to issues. Identify appropriate course of action to ensure minimal impact to warrior satisfaction.
- Provide program overviews to newly-registered warriors and family members for continuous support and engagement via inbound and outbound communications.
- Compile and analyze data, prepare reports, and deliver findings to management team.
- Connect warriors, caregivers, and family members with WWP programs and services to assist them with their long-term recovery and empowerment.
- Research and vet external organizations to enhance the information and referral database.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated understanding of WWP programs and services offered to wounded warriors.
- Demonstrated proficiency using appropriate etiquette when responding to email, helpline email, and phone.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to interact effectively with diverse individuals and build effective working relationships. Demonstrated emotional intelligence. Ability to respond to sensitive matters with diplomacy and empathy.
- Demonstrated understanding of military culture and veteran issues, the emotional impact of combat, and the challenges faced by wounded warriors.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot, prioritize, and problem-solve issues.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrated ability to utilize effective verbal probing techniques to obtain information.
- Good organizational and time management skills. Demonstrated ability to prioritize work effectively. Effectively complete assignments and meet deadlines.
- Successful completion of four-week, intensive Resource Center training.
- Ability to work flexible hours (occasional evening hours). May require shift rotation to accommodate extended resource center hours.
- Strong computer Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Office.
- Accurate data entry and typing proficiency and skills. Demonstrated ability to timely and accurately maintain data in SalesForce.
- Unequivocal commitment to the highest standards of personal and business ethics and conduct.
- Mission-driven, guided by core values, and a pleasure to work with.
Education & Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or GED.
- Three years of call center experience, or customer service experience in a retail, hospitality, or healthcare organization.
- One year of experience handling crisis calls and escalation procedures.
- One year of coaching or mentoring experience.
- One year of experience using a customer relationship management system, e.g., Salesforce.
- Associate degree. Equivalent combination of applicable education, training, certification, and experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Three years of administrative experience with a non-profit organization, preferably within a military family support services environment.
- One year of experience working in the WWP Resource Center.
- Bilingual Spanish and English verbal communications skills.
Certifications & Licensure