Westminster Communities of Florida
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Westminster Communities of Florida
Located in the heart of World Golf Village, Westminster St. Augustine is currently accepting applications for the position of Housekeeper to work on a full-time basis. As part of the Housekeeping Team, this individual will perform a variety of duties including cleaning residences, apartments and private rooms at the Healthcare Center as well as the public community area within the Clubhouse. As a part of the Westminster Family, this position is an important part of the residential experience.
EOE, DFWP - "We honor those who have served."
- Medical Insurance – three plan options
- Wellness credit opportunity of $50 per pay period
- Dental Insurance – three plan options
- Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Plans for medical and dependent care
- Basic Life & AD&D Insurance – benefit amount is two times annual salary
- Long Term Disability – premium paid by company
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance – available to employee, spouse and child(ren)
- Employer Paid Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Voluntary Group Accident and Voluntary Group Critical Illness
- Health Advocate – free assistance with resolving healthcare and insurance related issues
- 403(b) Retirement Plan and Profit Sharing Plan
- PTO Hours (hours can be sold in 20 hour increments as long as 80 hours remain afterwards)
- Bereavement Leave
- Paid Jury Duty
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - free counseling for employees and their families
- Tuition Reimbursement Program (after 1 year of service)
- Resident Christmas Fund for employees
- Foundation Mercy Fund
- Free Flu Shots and Hepatitis B vaccinations
- Discounted Meals
- Tickets at Work – discount pricing on travel and entertainment options
- Free Parking
- Training & Career growth
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
The Housekeeper position must comply with all applicable rules, policies, standards and guidelines related to employment with Westminster Communities including:
- Cleans residential units, resident’s rooms and common areas (including stairwells) of assigned work areas.
- Responsible for sanitizing Health Center rooms after a move-out or prior to a move-in.
- Send or bring “protectors” to the laundry area after being used by residents during each meal.
- Maintain dinning areas cleaned and sanitized (at least twice daily).
- Cleaning, dusting, sanitizing, sweeping, mopping and vacuuming daily of assigned work areas.
- Garbage removal including biohazards removal (by contracted vendor) from the assigned areas.
- Cleaning duties/functions as contracted by independent residents.
This job description is not to be construed as a complete listing of the assignments and responsibilities assigned to any employee; nor are such assignments restricted to those precisely listed in the description. This job description may change from time to time as the needs of the organization change.
Education and/or experience: A high school education or equivalent and up to one month related experience or training.
Experience and Basic Knowledge: Working with older adults in a healthcare setting is desirable, preferably a minimum of 6 months.
Physical and Environmental Requirements
The physical activities of this position involve: Balancing, Kneeling, Reaching, Crouching, Pulling, Standing, Manual Dexterity, Pushing, Stooping, Grasping, Lifting up to 40 lbs.
Sensory and communicative activities with or without prosthetics of this position are: Feeling, Smelling, Hearing, Speaking, Seeing
An individual in this position will be exposed to: Inside/outside environmental conditions, Blood borne pathogens, Respiratory infections
Must be able to cope with mental and emotional stress of this position.