Westminster Communities of Florida
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
***Assisted Living Activities Assistant*** (New Full-time Position!)
at Westminster Communities of Florida
Located in the heart of World Golf Village, Westminster St. Augustine is currently accepting applications for the position of full-time Assisted Living Activities Assistant in our Assisted Living Department. This individual will be assisting to plan, develop and direct the assisted living operation of the activities department in accordance with regulatory guidelines and our established policies and procedures and assure that an on-going program of activities is designed to meet the level of interests and abilities of each resident. As part of the Westminster Family, this position is a vital part of our Resident’s quality of life in the assisted living area.
EOE, DFWP - "We honor those who have served."
- Medical Insurance – three plan options
- Wellness credit opportunity of $50 per pay period
- Dental Insurance – three plan options
- Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Plans for medical and dependent care
- Basic Life & AD&D Insurance – benefit amount is two times annual salary
- Long Term Disability – premium paid by company
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance – available to employee, spouse and child(ren)
- Employer Paid Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Voluntary Group Accident and Voluntary Group Critical Illness
- Health Advocate – free assistance with resolving healthcare and insurance related issues
- 403(b) Retirement Plan and Profit Sharing Plan
- PTO Hours (hours can be sold in 20 hour increments as long as 80 hours remain afterwards)
- Bereavement Leave
- Paid Jury Duty
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - free counseling for employees and their families
- Tuition Reimbursement Program (after 1 year of service)
- Resident Christmas Fund for employees
- Foundation Mercy Fund
- Free Flu Shots and Hepatitis B vaccinations
- Discounted Meals
- Tickets at Work – discount pricing on travel and entertainment options
- Free Parking
- Training & Career growth
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The Assisted Living Activities Assistant must comply with all applicable rules, policies, standards and guidelines related to employment within Westminster and its communities, including:
- Carry out daily, hand-on activities in a courteous, compassionate and enthusiastic
manner which promotes a feeling of well-being and security in residents.
- Implement age appropriate activities for residents in a manner appropriate for
residents’ abilities and which take dignity issues & physical limitations into
- Spend time with individual residents spontaneously, as needs arise, to promote
feeling of well-being and security.
- Assist with the preparation of the monthly activity material; distribute calendars and
special event notices.
- Update and maintain the “Resident Likes & Dislikes” for planning purposes.
- Fill in Daily Activity Boards on each floor, with dates & times of scheduled activities.
- Maintain records of program/event attendance and notations of any notice of
behavioral or physical issues with residents which affect their abilities to participate
in programs or which interfere with effective programming for other residents.
- Submit documentation and/or notations to supervisor in a timely manner.
- Assist the supervisor with purchasing needs/material for daily or monthly activities
- Positively promote activities and encourage resident participation.
The above job description is not to be construed as a complete listing of the assignments and
responsibilities assigned to any employee; nor are such assignments restricted to those precisely
listed in the description. This job description may change from time to time as the needs of the
Education: Possess a minimum of a high school diploma, with interests in recreation,
crafts and music helpful.
Experience and Basic Knowledge:
1-2 years experience in recreational activity programs for senior adults in nursing homes or related activities preferred. Must be familiar with individuals that suffer from dementia or be willing to learn about them. Interest and abilities in recreation, crafts, art, theater or language arts
Physical and Environmental Requirements: The Physical activities of this position involve:
Fingering Standing Lifting up to 25 pounds, Grasping Pushing Driving a car, Climbing, Reaching
Sensory and communicative activities with or without prosthetics of this position
Feeling, Smelling, Speaking, Hearing, Tasting, Seeing
An individual in this position will be exposed to:
Inside and outside environmental conditions, Bloodborne pathogens (low risk), Physical hazard, Respiratory pathogens
Must be able to cope with mental and emotional stress of this position.