Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
VLC Signal Designer
at Wabtec Corporation
- Functional Area
- Business Unit
- Regular Full-Time
Demonstrate the ability to read signal design plans, aspect charts, and designer sketches. Work within the application software compilers provided by vendors to create Vital Logic Controlled (VLC) application programs which match signal designs. Possess the ability to assist in the testing of such applications in accordance with applicable FRA regulations, AAR and AREMA standards, customer standards, and any local, state or federal laws
- Create VLC programs per customer specifications.
- Handle scope reviews with manager and project lead.
- Attend project reviews with manager and project lead.
- Work within different VLC compilers (i.e. ALP, VALC, ACE, MLK II, GENISYS/ATCS).
- Organize files and related emails.
- Maintain project archives.
- Review plan sets to ensure program compatibility.
- Monitor budgets and timelines.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of RR standards and FRA regulations.
- Maintain knowledge of new industry standards and guidelines.
- Adhere to the Wabtec Quality Assurance Manual.
- Provide support for customer questions and issues.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Manager or Director of Engineering.
- Minimal 8yrs experience in railroad wayside signal design and VLC programming. Minimum educational requirement is a BS in Engineering to use Engineer title. Any other College Degree / High School Diploma / equivalent GED to use the Designer title.
- Knowledge of railroad freight and transit system operations.
- Knowledge of engineering principles and concepts.
- Knowledge of accepted railway industry quality standards, AREMA guidelines, FRA regulations, and customer specific requirements.
- Knowledge of different VLC compilers (i.e. ALP, VALC, ACE, MLK II, GENISYS/ATCS).
- Knowledge of VLC program testing utilizing test racks or simulation software (i.e. SATS, Vital SIM).
- Proficient with MS Office suite (Excel, Outlook and Word).
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Must possess a valid driver license.
- e-RAILSAFE and Roadway Worker Protection Certification (can attain on the job).
Working Conditions: Inside climate control with minimal travel required.
Note: This may not fully identify or describe all of the job functions or requirements for this position.