Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Wabtec Corporation
- Functional Area
- Business Unit
- Regular Full-Time
The Contract Administrator will perform contract/subcontract administration functions throughout the entire contract management lifecycle (i.e., from proposal to retirement) of business engagements related to Positive Train Control products and complementary services Wabtec provides to railroad customers. The position will be responsible for authoring contractual agreements; performing contract administration and maintenance; providing contract expertise and support to multiple technical, program, and business managers; and continually monitoring contractual processes and procedures for quality improvement across a portfolio of contracts. The role will require the successful candidate to serve as a champion of contract lifecycle management to increase efficiencies and quality in the organization.
- Develop contractual vehicles (e.g., Bid and Proposal, Master Supply of Services Agreement, Statements of Work, Non-Disclosure Agreements, Memorandum of Understanding, Letter of Intent) applying approved templates and adhering to corporate policy.
- Construct effective contract language and consult with Wabtec legal counsel as needed in matters of legal interpretation.
- Define and interpret contract terms and conditions to assure feasibility, due diligence, and compliance.
- Coordinate and lead internal and customer-facing contract meetings and verification reviews.
- Consult with Program Managers and lead contract reviews to ensure contract obligations are fulfilled throughout the performance period
- Propose, develop, and implement standard process and procedures to achieve thorough, consistent and efficient start-to-finish contract execution.
- Organize, maintain, and electronically track all contracts and related documents via SharePoint interface, including documentation of performance of contracted obligations and billing justification.
- Minimum of three years' experience in reviewing, writing and administering contracts
- Legal background and/or college BS/BA degree in Business Administration/Management, Public Administration or related field required
- Extensive knowledge of various contract types (e.g. firm fixed price, incentive fee, T&M); and familiarity of contract law with focus on commercial contracts
- Demonstrated business and contractual writing skills (writing samples welcomed)
- Must be detail oriented, with strong organization and time management skills
- Ability to meet critical deadlines and successfully facilitate constructive engagements
- Self-motivated with proven ability to work independently, establish a high level of credibility and maintain effective relationships with co-workers and customers
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and/or comparable applications;