Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at venture dynamics
Venture Dynamics is hiring Sheet Metal Mechanics for work in Jacksonville, Florida.
- Assemble ventilation runs in accordance with drawings, specifications and meet Navy shipboard standard detail requirements, with little to no supervision
- Ensure tank/compartment has an updated safe for hot work ticket and that requirements of the ticket have been met (ex., ventilation, lighting, safety equipment, etc.)
- Ensure conditions of the tank/compartment have not changed since the ticket was written (ex., fuel run back, unsafe working conditions, etc.)
- Ensure that WAF ticket is on the job site and that it is for the specific job being accomplished. Must ensure that no work will be accomplished without a WAF posted at location of repairs.
- Ensure that any other safety issues are complied with that relate to the specific job being accomplished (ex., special staging, face shields for grinding, protective clothing for hot work related jobs, breathing apparatus with correct cartridges, etc.)
- Ensure that you are trained for qualified for the work you are assigned to do (ex., JLG, forklift, welding, brazing, special electrical/mechanical repairs, etc.)
- Ensure that you and personnel working under your direction are working safely and as productively as possible, maintaining quality control at all times
- Ensure that job site is left in a safe and clean condition prior to departure
- Ability to complete assignment with little supervision
Venture Dynamics Enterprises, Inc. was founded in November 2000 with a full speed ahead pursuit of the Marine and Industrial workforce. We have built a solid foundation of professional and highly skilled tradesmen over the 11 years of business. Our business is maximizing workforce productivity through custom staffing solutions while minimizing customer's labor and administrative costs. We have effectively streamlined the hiring process so that our customers can meet project deadlines without going over budget. Our customers can enjoy a better bottom line while knowing the skilled labor they need is always readily available. Imagine being able to bid on multiple contracts or taking on various projects without the time and costs associated with hiring new employees.
With a proven and qualified workforce representing the full spectrum of trades, we take care to fully understand our customer's particular skilled trade requirements to match with a highly skilled candidate. Our experienced staff ensures our customers receive the best candidate for the position without a lengthy turnaround time. By acting as the perfect liaison between a skilled worker and a company that requires their service, we are able to build lasting partnerships with not only our customers, but with our workforce as well.
On top of joining the best skilled trade staffing company, Venture Dynamics offers:
- Safety Incentive Programs
- Referral Fee Program to reward employees who help us hire those in need of employment
- Direct Hire Option for employees looking to get their foot in the door at a great company
- Paycheck Direct Deposit
What is a Talent Network?
Talent Networks enhance your job search and application process. Whether you choose to apply or just leave your information, we look forward to staying connected with you.
- Must have at least 5 years’ experience working on Navy ships and have the ability to navigate a ship and understand compartment designation
- Must be able to read and interpret mechanical drawings, layout, fabricate, install and repair sheetmetal products related to shipboard construction HVAC and habitability and have an excellent knowledge of the various types of metals and sizes.
- Excellent knowledge of habitability layout and installation of metal joiner (MJ) bulkheads, MJ doors, berths, galleys and office outfitting
- Must be able to repair sheetmetal products related to Shipboard construction HVAC and Habitability
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize
- Must have full knowledge of Work Authorization Form (WAF)
- Must be able to complete work with little or no guidance from Supervisor
- Must have basic knowledge of Standard Items
- Works well with others
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be able to pass a drug and background screening