Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at venture dynamics
Riggers are responsible for lifting, moving and positioning machinery, equipment, structural parts, and other heavy loads aboard ship and in the shops. Shipboard rigging to include removal of the machinery and equipment on and off the ship and through narrow openings utilizing jacks, chain falls, come alongs and rollers. Shipboard machinery and equipment to include but not limited to: pumps, valves, motors, electronic equipment, etc. Riggers are also responsible for selecting rigging gear based on weight and distribution of load, availability of hoisting machinery, and the presence of obstacles which might interfere with maneuverability of incorrectly rigged hoisting gear. May signal workers operating cranes or other equipment to move load. Individuals will also be required to inspect their own rigging gear according to safety rules and OSHA standards. Will perform additional related tasks as assigned by Supervisor, some of which may become essential to the position.
Venture Dynamics Enterprises, Inc. was founded in November 2000 with a full speed ahead pursuit of the Marine and Industrial workforce. We have built a solid foundation of professional and highly skilled tradesmen over the 11 years of business. Our business is maximizing workforce productivity through custom staffing solutions while minimizing customer's labor and administrative costs. We have effectively streamlined the hiring process so that our customers can meet project deadlines without going over budget. Our customers can enjoy a better bottom line while knowing the skilled labor they need is always readily available. Imagine being able to bid on multiple contracts or taking on various projects without the time and costs associated with hiring new employees.
With a proven and qualified workforce representing the full spectrum of trades, we take care to fully understand our customer's particular skilled trade requirements to match with a highly skilled candidate. Our experienced staff ensures our customers receive the best candidate for the position without a lengthy turnaround time. By acting as the perfect liaison between a skilled worker and a company that requires their service, we are able to build lasting partnerships with not only our customers, but with our workforce as well.
On top of joining the best skilled trade staffing company, Venture Dynamics offers:
- Safety Incentive Programs
- Referral Fee Program to reward employees who help us hire those in need of employment
- Direct Hire Option for employees looking to get their foot in the door at a great company
- Paycheck Direct Deposit
What is a Talent Network?
Talent Networks enhance your job search and application process. Whether you choose to apply or just leave your information, we look forward to staying connected with you.
• Minimum 5 years relative Rigging or Hook Tender experience in a shipyard environment
• Must pass Journeyman Rigger written exam
• Must have shipboard experience removing machinery, equipment and other structural parts
• Must comply with safety rules and OSHA
• Must be able to use hand tools and power tools safely and efficiently
• Must be physically capable of performing the essential functions of the position
• Successfully pass a drug and alcohol screening
• Must be able to work at heights, in confined spaces and have the ability to climb staircases and ladders of varying sizes
• Must be able to continuously push/pull, stand and work with arms extended at shoulder level
• Must be able to lift 50lbs on a frequent basis
• Must have own transportation
• Must be US Citizen
• Must pass drug and background screening and be eligible to obtain a DBIDS badge