Vector Security Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Vector Security Inc.
The General Manager is the leader responsible for creating a winning branch culture that emphasizes quality, employee retention and development, consistent customer satisfaction and high performance. Through solid leadership, the General Manager will execute on the branch budgets for sales, operational performance and profit.
This position will be based out of our Jacksonville, FL branch and will require about 20% travel to other locations.
Specifically, the General Manager must excel at the 5 key components listed below:
Develop a high-performance culture within the branch. Lead by example and champion company and district initiatives through effective and motivational communications. Exhibit managerial courage and develop a results oriented team. Cultivate community relationships that help build and grow the business.
Develop a High Performance Team. Act as a role model in coaching and mentoring high performers. Recognize, reward, and discipline when necessary, holding all team members equally accountable. Create a culture where employees are engaged to identify opportunities for improvement and collaborate on resolutions.
Ensure a positive customer experience at all times within all departments.
Meet or exceed financial expectations. Be involved with developing annual budgets. Execute on budgets, making adjustments as needed throughout the year based upon performance. Thoroughly understand all business levers that impact financial results.
Effectively communicate up to District Level Management and Corporate. Prepare monthly financial review information and be able to effectively communicate results upwards. Develop mid-year financial reforecasts. Request assistance and offer ideas and suggestions to corporate level support team.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities of the General Manager
- Demonstrated track record of leadership and management experience with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a branch or general manager role.
- Sales or sales management background
- Experience in developing profitable strategies and implementing vision
- Ability to lead and collaborate with strategic partners as well as direct reports
- Ability to comprehend the scope of the duties and responsibilities of the position by keeping up to date with regard to relevant industry knowledge
- Demonstrates the ability to multi-task effectively in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Communicates effectively with multiple audiences at varying levels
- Proven track record of recruiting, managing and motivating high performing team players.
- Ability to develop and effectively implement a strategic vision designed to improve market penetration.
- A strategic thinker who is able to roll up his/her sleeves and work tactically.
Why Join Us?
Two-time winner of Dealer of the Year from SDM Magazine, two-time winner of the Police Dispatch Quality (PDQ) Award, and multi-year winner of the Central Station Operator of the Year Award from The Monitoring Association. Top 5 largest security company. Sure, we’ve got the hardware and the recognition, but the real reason to join Vector Security is our people. People who are passionate about the work they do. Energetic people who innovate, who take on new challenges. People, perhaps, like you.
And when we find good people, we hold on to them…through career advancement opportunities, internal promotion, continuing education, and performance incentives.
So whether you’re a proven leader in your discipline or looking for new challenges, Vector Security may have the right opportunity for you. We seek driven, proactive, talented individuals who are excited about what the future holds. Because we are. Come join us and find out for yourself!
Vector Security, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Vector Security is a Drug-Free Workplace