University of Florida Jacksonville Healthcare, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
RN Care Coordinator
at University of Florida Jacksonville Healthcare, Inc.
Scope of the Job
Under the supervision of the Medical Director focus on the development and evaluation of the patient’s needs. Utilizes the Nursing Process to provide care for patient. Assists physicians in the provision of quality health care. Assignments are performed appropriate to age of patient being served
1. Maintains patient privacy.
2. Collaborates with the physician to develop a comprehensive care plan for patient.
3. Provides and documents care coordination.
4. Participates with quality improvement activities.
5. Ensures records are kept current with application and financial determination.
6. Works closely with family of patients.
7. Provides other related duties required to meet needs of the patient and family.
8. Collects and assesses patient data to determine patient needs and to promote optimal patient care.
9. Assumes responsibility and accountability for the implementation of interventions based on the medical plan of care and patient’s current condition.
10. Acts in an ethical and professional manner in accordance with organization’s code of ethics for nursing.
11. Acquires and maintains knowledge and skills in nursing practice to contribute to the professional development of self, peers, colleagues, and others.
12. Plans and implements age appropriate care based on assessment, diagnosis, standard of care, medical treatment plan, and progress toward desired outcome.
13. Coordinates education and guidance for the patient and significant others to maximize the achievement of the expected outcomes.
14. Participates and demonstrates ability to be an active member of a team based group practice.
15. Participates in performance improvement projects.
16. Participates as an active care team member in the coordination of patient care.
Adhere to all regulatory requirements such as, JCAHO, CLIA, HIPAA, etc.
Must be able to perform under stress when confronted with emergency, critical, or unusual situations
Must be capable of dealing with periodic cyclical workload pressures and levels of responsibility
Required to make independent judgments without supervision. Must be able to make generalizations, evaluations, or decisions based on sensory or judgmental criteria
Must have the adaptability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure
Requires the ability to work with people beyond giving and receiving instructions
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS, AND REQUIRED EXPERIENCE
Knowledge of regulatory agency standards (e.g., JCAHO, HRS), Nursing Standards and Florida Nurse Practice Act
Demonstrated Clinical skill in area of ambulatory care and/or particular specialization, basic management skills, ability to serve as resource for the nursing process
Experience in an ambulatory care setting preferred
Education and Certifications
Current Florida licensure as a Registered Nurse
Completion of an approved program in nursing
Baccalaureate degree in nursing preferred
UFJPI is a Equal Opportunity Institution