University of Florida Jacksonville Healthcare, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Registered Nurse - OB
at University of Florida Jacksonville Healthcare, Inc.
Scope of the Job
Under the supervision of the Administrative Manager, provides coordination of care and patient education for gynecologic oncology patients in the in-patient and out-patient setting. Utilizes the Nursing Process to provide care for a group of patients. Assists physicians in the provision of quality health care.
• Collects and assesses patient data to determine patient needs and to promote optimal care. Coordinate transfer of patient records. Calls and follows up with patients after surgery.
• Participates in performance improvement projects.
• Acquires and maintains knowledge and skills in nursing practice to contribute to the professional development of self, peers, colleagues, and others.
• Coordinates education and guidance for the patient and significant others to maximize the achievement of the expected outcomes.
• Collects data from patient charts, medical records, interviews, questionnaire, and other sources.
• Assist physicians with ordering patient tests and calling in prescriptions as instructed.
Must be able to perform under stress when confronted with emergency, critical, or unusual situations. Must be capable of dealing with periodic cyclical workload pressures and levels of responsibility. Required to make independent judgments without supervision. Must be able to make generalizations, evaluations, or decisions based on sensory or judgmental criteria. Must have the adaptability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure. Requires the ability to work with people beyond giving and receiving instructions.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRED EXPERIENCE
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities
• Demonstrated Clinical skill in area of ambulatory care and/or particular specialization (e.g., Pediatrics, ENT).
• Ability to serve as a resource for the nursing process.
• Knowledge of regulatory agency standards (e.g. Joint Commission, HRS), Nursing Standards and Florida Nurse Practice Act.
• Ability to work as a team is essential to the individual's success.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
Attention to Detail
• Attention to detail and quality of work.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to provide dynamic customer service using various techniques including positive language, calming presence, attentiveness, clear communication, and patience.
• Mathematical skills to calculate doses, results, and other data.
• Proficient in medical terminology, medical record documentation, and clinical processes.
• 1 year - Ambulatory Care Setting - preferred
• Up to 1 year - RN experience - required
• Bachelor Nursing - preferred
• Associates Nursing - required
• Registered Nurse (RN) - Florida Licensure
• Basic Life Support (BLS)
UFJPI is an Equal Opportunity Institution