University of Florida Jacksonville Healthcare, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at University of Florida Jacksonville Healthcare, Inc.
Scope of the Job
This position requires a professionally multi-skilled individual dedicated to assisting in all aspects of an Ophthalmic practice including clerical duties under the supervision of an Ophthalmologist and a Registered Nurse.
Assists physician with in-office procedures, refraction, slit lamp exams.
• Operates automated/manual visual field analyzers.
• Safely operate ophthalmic equipment – cameras, slit lamp, projectors.
• Possess knowledge of ocular pharmacology.
• Perform other tasks associated with the clinic operation as assigned.
• Safely triage patients.
• Maintains patient records.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
• Manage stressful situations in a calm, courteous and efficient manner.
• Substantial knowledge of HIPAA and other regulatory requirements for privacy and security.
Length of Experience
Type of Experience
In an Ophthalmic practice
Education & Certifications
Program of Study
High School Diploma or GED equivalent
JCAHPO Certified Ophthalmic Assistant
at time of hire
UFJPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer