University of Florida Jacksonville Healthcare, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at University of Florida Jacksonville Healthcare, Inc.
Supervises and coordinates staff and activities responsible for monitoring laboratory testing performed in the lab at Wildlight, including implementation and use of point-of-care, POCT, devices and tests. Monitors and evaluates the quality of POCT processes to ensure accurate, reliable and prompt results can be used in clinical decision-making by non-laboratory staff. Ensures maintenance of instrumentation, implementation of lab quality program and that regulatory and accreditation requirements are satisfied. Provides subject-matter services for POCT activities to a diverse client base, including providers and staff, to ensure best practice standards.
- • Supervises, hires, trains, and evaluates performance of staff. Ensures performance appraisals are completed in a timely manner. Participates in budget development. Prioritizes schedules, assigns and monitors work to optimize operational service. Trains testing personnel in proper use, interpretation, and quality control of POCT instrumentation and protocols. Monitors and evaluates effectiveness of training programs.
• Ensures annual competency assessment and certification of staff performing POCT. Analyzes, recommends, implements and monitors approved workflow changes and staffing levels with guidance from Director.
• Establishes regular communication processes with POCT users and suppliers. Addresses staff compliance issues and provides follow-up for required corrective action in response to unacceptable testing techniques or results. Interprets and resolves technical issues and provides expertise regarding related equipment, methods, and quality assurance principles
• Develops, implements and evaluates methods, procedures and instruments for testing, quality control and maintenance/troubleshooting of equipment. Maintains and reviews quality management programs to meet regulatory and accreditation requirements. Ensures proficiency-testing program complies with regulatory requirements
• Ensures related equipment and instrumentation are appropriately maintained and calibrated in accordance Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) requirements, regulatory standards, and SOP's. Provides troubleshooting assistance to manufacturer/service engineers, when needed
• Participates in development and implementation of policies and procedures for POCT. Maintains related Standard Operating Procedures and Quality Systems Manuals. Participates with procurement of related equipment and supplies. Maintains an adequate inventory of supplies are appropriately stored and used in accordance with procedures and/or expiration dates.
• Maintains knowledge of state and federal regulations and applicable accreditation standards, and ensures preparedness for audits/inspections. Provides for requested records and documents during audits and inspections. Performs statistical analysis of daily work, with attention to cost containment, quality assurance and quality control.
• Assesses laboratory to ensure a safe work environment. Identifies and helps mitigate workplace hazards including those related to biohazards and chemical hygiene practices.
• Performs related duties, as required.
Must be able to perform under stress when confronted with emergency, critical or unusual situations. Must be capable of dealing with periodic cyclical workload pressures and levels of responsibility. required to make independent judgments without supervision. Must be able to make generalizations, evaluations, or decisions based on sensory or judgmental criteria. Must have the adaptability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure. Requires the ability to work with people beyond giving and receiving instructions.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS, AND REQUIRED EXPERIENCE
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities
- Possesses critical thinking, prioritization, and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills including a professional and positive demeanor.
- Strong computer skills including database management, spreadsheets, and statistical analysis.
- Highly motivated with the ability to take initiative in furthering the basic science components of cardiovascular research.
- Ability to calculate test results.
- Mathematical skills to calculate doses, results, and other data.
- 1 year - Prior Clinical Laboratory experience. - REQUIRED
- 1 year - Phlebotomy skills in all age groups. Follows procedures for blood collections and solves problems related to processing and blood collection. - REQUIRED
- Up to 1 year - Laboratory supervisory experience - PREFERRED
High school diploma or GED equivalent required. Graduation from approved Medical Assistant program or EMT military Emergency Medical Technician school with attendant experience may be substituted for the Medical Assistant certification. Current BLS Certification.
- Certified Medical Technician - REQUIRED or
- Certified Medical Assistant - REQUIRED or
- Licensed Practical Nurse - REQUIRED
UFJPI is an Equal Opportunity Institution