University of Florida Jacksonville Healthcare, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CSR Call Access Center
at University of Florida Jacksonville Healthcare, Inc.
Scope of the Job
To deliver excellent customer service while providing information regarding services to patients, hospital, staff and community health care providers in a high volume call center environment. Perform intake triage, appointment scheduling and referral of patients to faculty physicians based on knowledge of administrative protocol and University of Florida physician specialties.
1. Provide excellent customer service to patients, staff and community health care providers while handling high volume incoming phone interchange on an automatic call distribution system.
2. Act as patient advocate to facilitate problem resolution via telephone in a timely and courteous manner.
3. Working knowledge of specialty triage intake and scheduling protocols for multiple providers. Responsible for up to date reference materials.
4. Perform accurate registration interview with direct data entry to facilitate full registration for all new patient appointments and up to date information on all established patients across multiple provider specialties as assigned.
5. Provide patients verbally and through confirmation letter, notification of all appointments to include location, provider, required ancillary services, preparations and payment requirements.
6. Verify insurance information. Verify benefits and insurance referral information.
7. Intercede on the patient’s behalf as necessary to arrange for special services, i.e. interpreters for both the hearing impaired as well as those with language barriers, wheel chairs and other special transportation needs.
Adhere to company policies and procedures, demonstrate the core values and Hospitality behaviors, resolve conflict through open, honest, professional communication, demonstrate positive and enthusiastic attitude, keep supervisor and leadership apprised of issues, and seek opportunities to recognize others.
Requires excellent decision making skills and initiative. Must be very detail oriented. Basis arithmetic skills. Ability to prioritize tasks and organize work flow. Operate multi-line automatic call distribution compatible telephone.
Two to four years clerical/customer service experience preferred-ideally in a health care related industry. One year experience with third party payors and computer experience for inputting data and reviewing patient demographic material preferred. One year call center experience preferred. Data entry experience required.
Education & Certifications
High school diploma or GED equivalent required. ICD-9 and CPT coding preferred. Completion of a standard medical terminology course helpful but not required. Successfully complete Customer Service Certification requirements according to UFJHI course schedule. Maintain Customer Service Certification by annual assessment.