University of Florida Jacksonville Healthcare, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Administrative Manager II
at University of Florida Jacksonville Healthcare, Inc.
Scope of the Job
Perform diversified administrative responsibilities, support the Department Sr. Leadership and related faculty by providing administrative support services.
1. Prepare and process Physician recruitment related activities for searches, staff appointments, credentials, promotion and tenure compliance with administration office.
2. Maintain and process department payroll and department files.
3. Provide input when selecting support secretarial staff and responsible for scheduling their activities. May provide minimal supervision.
4. Maintain calendars, schedules and meetings.
5. Prepares, edits and distributes correspondence and reports as needed. Processes incoming and outgoing mail.
6. Approve leave requests for staff; ensures travel reimbursement/expenses for faculty are submitted in a timely fashion by support staff.
7. Assists the Chairman in developing the agenda for the Division Directors’ meeting and records the minutes of the proceedings.
8. Assists Chairman and Department Administrator in annual budget preparation.
9. Provide feedback to the Chairman on overall operations and specific issues.
Must be able to perform under stress when confronted with emergency, critical, or unusual situations
Must be capable of dealing with periodic cyclical workload pressures and levels of responsibility
Required to make independent judgments without supervision. Must be able to make generalizations, evaluations, or decisions based on sensory or judgmental criteria
Must have the adaptability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure
Requires the ability to work with people beyond giving and receiving instructions
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS, AND REQUIRED EXPERIENCE
Excellent written and verbal communications skills
Capable of thinking independently and exercising good judgment
Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
Ability to work well under pressure
Demonstrates ability to be fair-minded and objective
Computer literate with proficiency in Windows, Outlook, MS Word, PowerPoint, Access and Excel
3-5 years administrative support experience, in a medical office or medical related facility required
2 plus years supervisory experience required
Education and Certifications
High School diploma required
Associates degree in business or related field preferred