Tyonek Native Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Tyonek Native Corporation
- 14-Jul-2019 to 13-Aug-2019 (CST)
- TSGI - JAX
- Jacksonville, FL, USA
- Full Time
Will perform DEPOT level aircraft maintenance as assigned on multiple variants of military engine platforms. Must demonstrate knowledge of military technical manuals and able to qualify for government equipment operators license as required
- Disassemble multiple type aircraft engines, engine assemblies and accessories and remove tubing, fuel controls, pumps, etc. as required;
- Break down major assemblies in proper sequence and inspect for visual defects;
- Determine if parts are functional and reusable;
- Examine, evaluate, recondition and assemble subassemblies;
- Maintain, repair, and/or test different types of engines in aircraft test cells or maintenance shops;
- Be able to analyze problems such as fuel fluctuation, compressor instability or excessive vibration and take remedial action, disassembling to the extent necessary to make needed corrections;
- Have knowledge of preservation and de-preservation techniques used and required in shipping and or long term storage of aircraft gas turbine engines;
- Have thorough knowledge of the installation, operation and repair of gas turbine aircraft engines and accessory systems and have a thorough knowledge of engine repair practices;
- Be skilled in the use of measurement and test instruments such as vibration analyzer, pyrometer and various test benches;
- Be skilled in the interpretation and use of technical orders, specifications, manufacturers' catalogs, maintenance bulletins, conversion tables, graphs, blueprints and various technical manuals; and
- Observe instrument readings, make tentative diagnosis and disassemble the engine or accessory system to locate the defect and determine the cause and extent of repair work required.
- Other Duties as Assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- A&P license not required but a plus
- Must have at least two (2) years of documented experience in Aerospace and/or Aircraft engine repair.
- Prefer experience from military engine platforms, including, but not limited to; T-56, F-404 variants, T700-GE-701, and a variety of GE, Pratt & Whitney engines and related components.
- Preferred Military installation Intermediate and/or DEPOT level maintenance experience
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be able to pass a National Agency background check, which could include a criminal history and credit check for access to Government faciltiies.
- We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform post offer, pre-employment substance abuse testing.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Must be able to walk and stand on level and/or inclined surfaces for certain periods throughout the day.
- Must be able to climb stairs, ramps, ladders, and work stands.
- Must be able to crouch, crawl, grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbow/knee and reach above/below shoulders.
- May be required to lift up to 50 pounds.
- May be required to see aircraft in flight, read dials/gauges, identify small objects and hand tools.
- Must be able to see imperfections, micrometer readings and other small scales.
- Must be able to communicate by voice and detect sound by ear.
- Must be able to distinguish color and judge three-dimensional depth.
- May be required to operate power vehicles, machinery, hand tools, ground support equipment, fork lift, APU, etc.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER / VEVRAA /ADA
TNC and its subsidiaries fall under ANCSA and are entitled under Federal Law to extend hiring preferences to its shareholders. ANCSA provides TNC the authority to give shareholder preference in hiring. TNC reaffirms its belief in equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Tyonek is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a VEVRAA Federal Contractor who affords equal employment opportunity to protected veterans and people with disabilities: Tyonek Native Corporation provides all employees and job applicants' equal employment opportunities in hiring and promotion without discrimination because of age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, marital status, race, religion, color, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other reason prohibited by law.