Tecta America Corp.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Roofing Project Manager Assistant
at Tecta America Corp.
Job Description and Responsibilities
LOOKING FOR AN ASSISTANT PROJECT MANAGER - ROOFING
The basic function of the Assistant Project Manager is to effectively coordinate and manage administrative efforts with the field production efforts. The Project Manager Assistant and Superintendent / Foreman will work together closely to effectively and efficiently understand job requirements, setup jobs, procure materials, schedule labor, document and track progress and close out jobs. This position will report to the Senior Project Manager.
- Understand the contracts to ensure the Company’s responsibilities and scope of the work.
- Preparing production needs, by verifying estimates, reviewing project drawings, and specifications; prepare job setups; create and disseminate submittal books, job books, schedules, specified materials and supplies.
- Coordinates with customers, general contractors, vendors, suppliers and sub-contractors to ensure the projects are completed from start to finish in a timely and efficient manner.
- Daily communication with customers, crews, management, vendors and suppliers while maintaining good working relationships.
- Responsible for catching deviations from the specifications and plans as it relates to scope, contract and schedule.
- Financial responsibilities include providing/reviewing budget information, monitoring expenditures, identifying variances between estimated budget and revenue, and implementing corrective actions.
- Resolve problems on projects as they arise and identify process improvements.
- Manage project closeouts and ensure warranty documents are requested and received.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Minimum three (3) years of roofing and construction industry experience with emphasis on all facets of business including but not limited to customer relations, project administration.
- Other critical skills include planning & organizing; problem identification/ resolution, multi-tasking, follow-through skills to bring tasks to closure in a timely manner, priority setting, and having a sense of urgency in accomplishing tasks in a timely manner.
- Strong attention to detail
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Comfortable visiting actual job site (no fear of heights)
- Knowledge of business and management principles.
- Knowledge of project management software.
- Knowledge of roofing materials, techniques and requirements.
- Ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and policy documents, as well as converse comfortably with associates
Tecta offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, paid time off, paid holidays, etc.
You can apply in person in our office located at 530 Ellis Road South- Jacksonville, FL 32254
Equal opportunity employer-disability/vet
Tecta America Corp. is the nation's leading commercial roofing contractor. With over 60 locations and 2,500 roofing professionals nationwide, Tecta America has harnessed the strengths and resources of the nation's strongest roofing contractors into one company with one goal: to provide the most comprehensive roofing program in the country to meet and exceed our customers' needs. As the industry leader, Tecta America has earned its reputation for excellence. No other roofing contractor can match Tecta America for resources, expertise, financial strength, or stability as we house the best names in the business, all under one roof.
The roofing industry is seeing exciting changes take place-sustainable solutions, innovative technologies and more-and Tecta America is leading the change. Opportunities have never been better for talented, experienced and advancement-driven individuals. We believe not only in attracting the best individuals-but in developing the best. Career opportunities exist in fields like finance, sales, green jobs, marketing and more. We offer a culture that embraces innovation, teamwork and diversity, and that rewards you for being part of the team. We take great care of our employees through competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
Transitions are seldom easy. It takes exceptional team members to make that comfort happen every day. Because of our commitment, we value each team member and their contribution to our mission. We strongly believe in diversity and have a no-tolerance policy for discrimination of any kind. If you want to be a part of our caring, compassionate and dedicated team providing that security and support when it's needed most, please consider joining our Talent Network.
What is a Talent Network?