Tampa Armatures Works, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CNC - Manual Machinist
at Tampa Armatures Works, Inc.
Job Reference #: 1102
- Operate various machine tools to manufacture and repair mechanical assemblies.
- Record all data necessary to produce expected service and/or design results, including sizings and illustrations.
- Use measuring devices and techniques correctly to assure proper sizings.
- Setup, program, and operate CNC lathe
- Knowledgeable in Fagor controls
- Perform milling operations such as drilling, tapping, boring and conventional milling and lathe work, using various engine lathes (e.g., horizontal and vertical mills
- and horizontal boring mills).
- Understand materials and applications as required.
- Use various hand-held and stationary power and non-power tools, including but not limited to: band saws, belt sanders, hand grinder, files, etc.
- Lift, tighten, adjust and/or secure heavy objects in order to perform work and/or to observe safety precautions.
- Observe all safety procedures and use proper protective gear (especially eye and ear protection).
- Assist other machinists in department with skilled or non-skilled duties as directed by supervisor or shop manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience as a Manual and CNC Machinist in machine shop & job shop work environment
- Prior electric motor experience or in a machine shop is helpful and prior work experience, and/or certification, doing mig and tig welding a plus.
- Certification from a Technical school helpful.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.