Tampa Armatures Works, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CDL - Truck Driver
at Tampa Armatures Works, Inc.
Job Summary: Drives truck over established route to deliver and pick up customer and shop equipment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform pick up and delivery of customer and shop equipment.
- Receive instructions and schedules from TAW® dispatcher.
- Secure equipment and company trucks properly.
- Safe driving practices and up to date driving credentials.
- Notify dispatcher of required vehicle maintenance and repair as they become due.
- Verifies load against shipping papers.
- Drives truck to destination.
- Prepares receipts for load picked up.
- May collect C.O.D. payments for goods delivered and for delivery charges.
- Maintains truck log according to state and federal regulations.
- Maintains telephone or radio contact with supervisor to receive delivery instructions.
- Loads and unloads truck.
- Inspects truck equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, and water.
- Observe all safety procedures and policies and use proper protective equipment (especially eye, ear protection and steel toe shoes/boots, gloves, etc.).
- Keep vehicle clean and organized.
- Report all injuries, near misses and accidents immediately to a supervisor.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- CDL license is required.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.