Sur La Table
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Store Manager
at Sur La Table
Assistant Store Manager
FL - Jacksonville
The Assistant Store Manager contributes to the success of a Sur La Table store by inspiring customers on all points of their culinary journey. This role supports a General Manager (GM) or a Store Manager (SM) in the achievement of sales goals, store operations, and the staffing and performance management of all retail employees. The Assistant Store Manager reports to either a General Manager (GM) or Store Manager (SM).
- Models and holds employees accountable to customer service standards.
- Contributes to an environment where employees are informed and capable by supporting and/or delivering training for all employees.
- Models and ensures all Sur La Table policies and standard operating procedures (SOPs) are communicated effectively to employees, maintained and consistently followed.
- Supports the GM or SM in proactively staffing the store according to retail census and fluctuations in seasonal business needs.
- Works as a part of a high-performing team to achieve store’s sales plan. Supports sales driving initiatives, creates daily agendas and directs selling activities as Manager on Duty.
- Provides coaching in the moment and performance feedback to employees. May assist the GM or SM in delivering formal performance reviews.
- Seeks opportunities to increase topline retail sales and directs employees to execute sales driving initiatives.
- Anticipates and solves problems by taking decisive action, follows up with the GM or SM.
- Ensures the accuracy and integrity of employee information including, but not limited to, Time and Attendance records and personal data.
- Manages deliveries according to standard operating procedures (SOPs). Drives and manages inventory events. Controls shrink and retail supply expenses.
- Stays informed by maintaining product knowledge, accesses available training and seeks out additional resources when necessary.
- Ensures adherence to applicable wage and hour laws. Accurately records time worked according to SLT policy.
- Appropriately partners with the GM or SM, HQ Retail Operations, Human Resources and other departments as needed or necessary.
- Demonstrates exceptional verbal and written communication skills with employees, customers, field management and corporate office.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by GM or SM.
- Ability to communicate verbally and work cooperatively with employees and customers.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for up to 3 hours at a time.
- Ability to move about the work place coaching and directing employees; selling to customers and retrieving merchandise from storage or sales floor.
- Ability to grab, reach, push, pull, bend, stoop, kneel and crouch in order to demonstrate, retrieve and replenish merchandise.
- Ability to work a varied schedule to observe employees and customers at different times of the day, week and year.
- Ability to ascend/descend ladders in order to retrieve and/or move merchandise.
- Ability to operate a computer, POS system, keyboards, merchandise scanners and mouse in order to accomplish work.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Ability to lift and/or move merchandise weighing up to 35 lbs.
- 1-2 years of progressively responsible retail management experience. Prior experience as a Sur La Table Store Floor Lead, preferred.
- Experience driving sales and motivating high performing sales teams.
- Experience training others and holding teams accountable.
- Proficient in POS Systems.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word and Excel).
- May require Food Handlers Permit or Food Manager Certification.
Sur La Table Core Competencies for Everyone:
- Focus on the Customer: You inspire and delight your customers.
- Be Genuine: Your communication style is respectful, effective and sincere.
- Make the Right Call: You effectively blend knowledge, experience, wisdom & decisive action.
- Take Ownership: You are committed, responsible and provide solutions.
- Achieve Results: You meet and exceed goals and expectations.
Sur La Table is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, religion, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status. Sur La Table will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all federal, state, and local ordinances.
This job description represents a summary of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, may be part of the job. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Sur La Table has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.