Sunbelt Rentals, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Industrial Outside Sales Representative - Scaffold
at Sunbelt Rentals, inc.
Join Our Team!
Sunbelt Rentals strives to be the customer's first choice in the equipment rental industry. From pumps to scaffolding to general construction tools, we aim to be the only call needed to outfit a job site with the proper equipment. Not only do we offer a vast fleet that ranks among the best in the industry, we pair it all with a friendly and knowledgeable staff. Our employees are our greatest asset, and although we present a comprehensive equipment offering, our expertise and service are what truly distinguish us from the competition.
We pride ourselves on investing in our workforce and offer competitive benefits, as well as extensive on-the-job training for all eligible employees.
As a highly successful national company, we are constantly looking for talented individuals to support our growth. If you are interested in pursuing a rewarding career, we invite you to review our opportunities!
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Industrial Outside Sales Representative
Are you seeking an entrepreneurial, empowering workplace that allows you to:
• Leverage your cold-calling & closing skills to expand an existing portfolio within a high demand market
• Develop skills to grow your career as part of a sales or operational management career track
• Work with an incredible team of people that takes the extra step and make it happen for the customer
Sunbelt Rentals--the fastest growing rental business in North America--is seeking an Industrial Outside Sales Representative. The prime function of the Scaffold Services Industrial Outside Sales Representative (OSR) is to generate profitable business from the range of equipment that his/her Profit Center specializes in.
- Maintain positive customer relations.
- Develop assigned territory to maximize potential rentals, sales and Sunbelt reputation.
- Design and estimate profitable, safe and competitive scaffold projects.
- Collect payment from customers and maintain accurate customer records.
- Maintain open communications with Profit Center Manager. Customer Service Reps and E&D Managers regarding equipment availability, pricing strategies and safety concerns.
- Perform other duties assigned as assigned by the manager.
Prompt completion of all administrative duties, which include; but are not limited to:
- Weekly and Daily Sales Plans.
- Consistent utilization of approved Time Management Systems
- Required E&D documentation
- Expense reports.
- Daily Call Reports.
- Actively participate in maintaining a professional appearance and TEAM attitude at the Sunbelt location by walking the yard and covered space weekly.
Education and Requirements:
- High School diploma or GED coupled with a minimum of 2 years of Rental Industry experience and at least 1 year of Sales experience; or a BS in Business Management or Marketing coupled with at least 1 year of Sales experience, preferably in a similar industry.
- Ability to recognize hazards and opportunities, problem solve, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions to ensure customer satisfaction.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to promptly respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, employees or members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively present information to management and customers
- Ability to read blue prints, legal documents and analyzes job costing reports.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities you may rely on
• Strong project management, new business development and customer retention skills
• Effective communication and negotiation skills
• Solid computer skills
• Knowledge of ground protection, construction or specialty industrial equipment preferred
• Bilingual (Spanish) may be preferred in some locations
The physical demands of this role require bending, squatting, crouching, reaching, lifting 50 pounds or more, and working indoors/outdoors when required by the job. The above description is not a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day. Reasonable accommodations may be made to comply with applicable laws. Sunbelt Rentals is an Equal Opportunity Employer — Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran and any other protected class.
Related experience may include: Account Manager, Rental Sales, Parts Sales, Service Manager, Customer Service Representative, Construction Manager, Tools Manager, Counter Sales Representative, Equipment Associate, Manager Trainee, Manager in Training
Gear up for an exciting career!
If a current Sunbelt Rentals employee has referred you for an employment opportunity please notify them that you are applying for this position. In order for the employee to get a referral bonus they need to contact their regional recruiter.
Sunbelt Rentals is one of the largest equipment rental companies in North America. Backed by a national network, Sunbelt successfully services a variety of customers - from those in the commercial, residential, industrial, municipal, and specialized service industries, to weekend do-it-yourselfers. Sunbelt’s extensive fleet exceeds $4.0 billion and includes general construction equipment, industrial tools, pumps and power generation equipment, trench shoring, scaffolding, remediation & restoration equipment, and more.
Specialty Divisions and Market Segment Focus:
Designed to serve distinct customer segments requiring a high level of technical expertise, Sunbelt Rentals offer a highly diversified product mix, as well as trained experts.
- Climate Control Services
- Industrial Services
- Tools & Equipment
- Oil & Gas Services
- Pile Driving Services
- Pump & Power Services
- Scaffold Services
- Remediation and Restoration
- Flooring Solutions
- Facility Maintenance
Sunbelt Safety & Training:
Central to our company’s policies and practices is our focus on the safety of our customers and employees. We offer comprehensive safety programs dedicated to scaffolding, aerial work platforms and forklifts. In addition, all Sunbelt employees undergo mandatory worker safety programs administered by location managers and those who operate company vehicles complete a safe driving program. Learn More
Why Work Here?
At Sunbelt Rentals, we place enormous value on the welfare and commitment of our employees as well as the superior level of service they provide for our customers. All our employees benefit from extensive on-the-job training which is amongst the best in the industry. Our advancement opportunities are why many of our staff remain with us throughout their careers. A career with Sunbelt Rentals means diversity, teamwork, recognition for exceptional performance, and room to grow!
We are proud to offer the following benefits:
- Health Insurance
- Dental/Vision coverage
- 401(k) Plan - US
- RRS Plan - CAN
- Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- And many more
Sunbelt Rentals is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran