Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director, Store Presentation & Visual Merchandising
at Stein Mart
- Job ID
- 1200 Riverplace Blvd.
- Operations - Operational Analysis
- Organizational Level
- Semi-Monthly Salary Paid Associate
- Position Status
- Regular Full-Time
- Location : Location
Stein Mart is a national off-price retailer offering designer and name-brand fashion apparel, home décor, accessories, and shoes at everyday discount prices. Stein Mart provides real value that customers love in over 280 stores across the United States and online. Apply today and join the team!
At Stein Mart, our purpose is to inspire our customers to look and feel special while saving money. Six values support our purpose, guide our behavior and smartly move us along our path to accomplishing our goals. Embracing this purpose and demonstrating these values will bring out the best in us every day and our customers will feel special every time they interact with us.
We are welcoming, friendly and look for ways to make you feel special
We are accountable for our actions and challenge ourselves to proactively improve
We move with speed and purpose to achieve success
We are kind and concerned for the well-being of every person
We are empowered to be innovative and resourceful
We make things easy for people to shop and work with us
The Director, Store Presentation and Visual Merchandising will live our Purpose and Values and drive innovation. This role combines merchandise flow, merchandise standards, fixture design, and in store marketing messages that support an easy and pleasant in store customer experience.
· Partner with internal teams and vendors to develop and design scalable designs for product exhibition that supports flexibility in product placement while maintaining brand standards
· Work directly with Senior Vice President of Stores to create new and innovative strategies for floor plans
· Partner with Senior Vice President of Marketing to identify market needs and develop appropriate in store strategies to support brand image and sales initiatives
· Partner with merchant team to plan and develop in store strategies that promotes sales and showcases seasonal trends
· Work collaboratively with the Merchandising, Advertising, and Operations teams to develop and execute the visual display voice to the customer within the store environment
· Provide broad oversight, guidance, and drive execution of project plans.
· Continuously challenge the status quo, providing new design ideas that enhance or improve our stores.
· Find solutions to remove barriers to operational excellence and efficiency.
· Communicate effectively and follow-up regularly with the SVP of Stores, Regionals, District Directors, and Store Managers to facilitate adoption and understanding of visual merchandising strategies.
· Manage multiple competing projects and take decisive action to bring projects within their designated budget.
· Responsible for the conceptualization, development, and implementation of visual direction given to all stores.
· Responsible for all development of merchandising plans for new store openings, renovations, and seasonal modifications to the retail environments.
· Responsible for working with external vendors on new fixture design.
· Implement and coach store staff and managers to apply the monthly Visual Merchandising directives for exterior display windows and interior environments which reflect the Stein Mart image.
· Manage the look and voice of collateral, from windows, imagery, and signage to be in-line with Stein Mart's brand.
· Manage to maximize budget and calendar.
· Understand Stein Mart’s advertising philosophy, promotional strategies, and merchandising guidelines
· Connect brick and mortar to our eCommerce merchandising strategy to provide a consistent omni-channel shopping experience
· Review and engage with Regional VP’s, District Directors, and merchants to ensure that stores have the most effective design and layout to maximize sales.
· Bachelor's degree in a related discipline or equivalent work experience
· Minimum 7 - 10 years’ experience in retail visual merchandising at management level
· Demonstrated ability to be creative within a budget
· Proficiency with creative applications, as well as, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment
· Proven excellent attention to detail, follow-up, and organizational skills
· Travel required
· Ability to balance the art & science of brand presentation
· Ability to gather consensus among a varied group of individuals
· Excellent written and verbal skills
· Strong influencing, problem analysis, and decision-making skills
· Ability to effectively plan, prioritize, organize, and delegate work