Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Unit Secretary - Per Diem
at Select Medical
- Job ID
- Experience (Years)
- Clinical - Unit Secretary
- Street Address
- 2708 SW Archer Rd
- UF Health Rehabilitation Hospital
- Position Type
- Per Diem
UF Health Rehabilitation Hospital - An Affiliation with Select Medical
Unit Secretary - Per Diem (as needed basis)
At UF Health Rehabilitation Hospital our services have been designed for patients who need a longer rehabilitation hospitalization for their recovery. We are currently seeking a Unit Secretary to join our team.
Select Medical’s Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals provide advanced treatment and comprehensive care to best address the medical, physical, emotional and vocational challenges for individuals with:
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Neurological Disorders
- Orthopedic Conditions
- Multiple Traumas
Organizes clerical functions of the nursing unit, including communication, record keeping, logs, and patient information. Notifies the nursing staff and/or charge nurse in a timely manner of pertinent patient information, including physician orders, laboratory or test results, and communication from other departments.
- Acts as a receptionist for the nursing unit, answering telephone calls, patient lights, and greeting and assisting visitors and staff. Answers questions and/or assists in problem solving or re-directing people to the proper resource.
- Organizes and updates all patient charts including proper forms with proper labels, posting orders for validation by the nurse or charge nurse, assuring proper order of charts, and thinning charts when indicated according to guidelines.
- Assembles new patient charts including proper tagging and identification, forms, stickers, and admission packets for use by clinical staff including nurses and physicians.
- Processes admissions, discharges and transfers, including computer entry and census information under the direction of the nurse.
- Reviews physician order sheets for new orders, initiates the necessary paper work assuring that no order is implemented until it is signed off by a nurse.
- Arranges appointments for patients under the direction of the nurse.
- Maintains supplies in support of the nursing unit including secretarial supplies and forms as well as equipment rentals or other special purchases in collaboration with the charge nurse or the DON.
- Assists with patient call lights, patient transportation, and patient care needs when needed and in accordance with their training and skill.
- Makes copies and performs any clerical support activities to assure efficiency and provide support to the clinical staff.
- Cross-trained and serves as a back up for Admission Coordinator when needed.
Minimum Education & Experience (Including Licenses)
- Education: High School Graduate or equivalent required.
- A minimum of 1 year clerical experience preferred in a medical setting.
- Proficient computer skills.