Reynolds, Smith and Hills, Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Enterprise BIM Manager
at Reynolds, Smith and Hills, Inc
- # of Openings
- Information Technology
- Job Level
RS&H is currently seeking an Enterprise BIM Manager to join our Information Technology team in Jacksonville, FL
RS&H is assembling a team with the mission to assess and improve our BIM capabilities, and establish RS&H among the best-in-class in BIM technology and deliverables in the A/E industry. As the Enterprise BIM Manager, you will be the empowered leader helping to establish this matrixed BIM management team. This position will stay current on the newest BIM technology and best practices that will result in more efficient, consistent, and higher quality BIM deliverables. You will also manage and facilitate training on BIM standards, content and processes. The Enterprise BIM Manager will be an integral part of the Project Technology team in IT.
This is the primary BIM position in the company. The Enterprise BIM Manager will develop the process for RS&H standard content review and approval. This position will also help establish a change control process, keeping BIM standards and templates current and relevant. You will work with business unit BIM staff to identify their specific content, and define the technology and process for storing, managing, and accessing standard content. You will also help the business units with regular and consistent BIM execution planning, BIM project setup and kickoff. This position also drives the adherence to BIM standards on all BIM projects and establishes and implements systematic BIM model maintenance practices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate a team of business unit BIM managers and drive the development of BIM standards, processes and workflows
- Define processes for BIM content management, creation and approval
- Develop, manage and facilitate a BIM training program on standards, content and processes for both ongoing and new hires
- Ensure project BIM execution plans are created, adhered to, and successful
- Lead the strategy for collaboration and worksharing with external partners in BIM 360 or other tools
- Propose and manage pilot initiatives for new tools and processes
- Help business unit BIM managers budget required time and levels of development
- Work with business unit BIM managers to support model coordination & clash detection workflows
- Troubleshoot and resolve escalated tier 2 technical support challenges
- Evaluate and support hardware and network as it relates to BIM production
- Persuade others to adopt vision
- Perform ongoing research for new BIM solutions to stay current with technology
- Maintain a strategic, on-going relationship with key BIM and related software vendors
- Liaise with visualization team to manage the spectrum of BIM visualization processes
- Liaise with marketing team to manage BIM internal and external marketing materials and strategy
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent AEC industry experience required
- 8+ years of experience working with BIM/Revit in the AEC industry
- 3+ years of experience in a BIM leadership level role
- Proficient use of BIM technology, including Revit, Revit Add-Ins
- Familiarity with content management solutions and strategies required
- Experience with coordination software such as Navisworks
- Experience in project delivery
- Desire to teach others about design technologies in daily practice
- Analytical problem solver who can listen to all sides and make decisions
- Ability to challenge status quo in a constructive and successful way and mentor staff
- Ability and willingness to adapt, quickly learn and apply new skills
- Comfortable and adept presenting in-house and/or at industry conferences
- The ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally, with employees throughout the firm
If this sounds like the role for you and you're ready to join an amazing team, please apply.
Our Information Technology team engages with leaders and associates across the firm to advance technology solutions and achieve business objectives. We apply our expertise to promote and support design, project management, and business solutions; build and operate our on-premises and cloud infrastructures; measure and limit our cyber risk; and respond to the technology needs of our associates.
RS&H provides fully integrated architecture, engineering, and consulting services to help clients realize their most complex facility and infrastructure projects for land, air, and space. We are committed to bringing extraordinary solutions to our clients through the promise of imagination, ingenuity, and innovation. With a tradition of excellence that began in 1941, we are consistently ranked among the nation’s top 100 design firms. We attribute our success to an unwavering commitment to our core values of: integrity, quality service, business success and valuing associates.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.