Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Delivery Driver - CDL
Summary: Drives truck over established route to deliver products and collects money from customers by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Other duties may be assigned)
- Properly conducts a pre and post trip inspection, notating any vehicle defects. Abides by the DOT hours of service rules and regulations for their license type.
- Safely operates a delivery vehicle ranging in size from a 16’ straight truck to a class A tractor-trailer from company warehouse to customer premises and back. The potential for dedicated overnight routes exist.
- Accurately delivers invoiced products by bottle, case, pallet or hand-stack from the delivery truck and placing said merchandise into customer account. As required, may place product in designated areas such as coolers or shelves as customer location. Responsible for transfer of product from location to location when needed.
- Verifies receipt of correct order with the customer by checking product type and size against the provided invoice, obtains customer signature and payment if necessary, for goods received. Listens to and resolves service complaints.
- Collects money from customers and records transactions on customer receipt. Collects COD payments from COD customers as specified on the invoice.
- Adjusts invoices noting errors or shortages of product and returns extra product to the warehouse.
- Ensures physical security of truck at all times.
- Handles approximately 350 cases in a given day. May handle up to 700 cases during times of increased account activity.
- Delivers to approximately 19 accounts daily. May deliver to up to 30 accounts during times of increased account activity.
- Covers approximately 160 miles daily, miles occasionally increase anywhere from 200 to 300 miles during times of increased account activity or out of town routes.
- Supervises one or more helpers when pre-determine case or stop levels require.
- Provide feedback to transportation management in terms of route changes or route concerns.
- May utilize a smartphone for interaction with HOS service software and/or driver monitoring programs.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED), one to three months related experience, preferably one year delivery experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents (such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals), write simple correspondence, and to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Spanish bilingual abilities preferred.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s, by using the units of American money, weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished (in written, oral, or diagram form) and to deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Requires a current Class B state driver's license (Class A license also allowed and may be required for positions based on location); ability to meet company vehicle insurance requirements.
- Must be able to obtain valid DOT medical certification card and file appropriately with state Motor Vehicle Department
- Alcohol Beverage Commission (ABC) License, as required by the state (i.e. TABC License – Texas)
Other Requirements - Tools & Technology:
- Ability to regularly operate a motor vehicle, delivery trucks; pallet jacks, handcarts, global positioning system receivers, location based messaging service platforms and portable data input terminals.
- Ability to learn and use data base user interface and query software, industrial control software, internet browser software, inventory management software and route navigation software.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear, climb or balance. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move more than 100 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed mechanical equipment and to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Republic National Distributing Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy not to discriminate against any Employee or Applicant. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability. This policy of nondiscrimination in employment includes but is not limited to: recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, employment advertising or solicitations, compensation, layoff or termination of employment.