Pet Paradise Resorts
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Veterinary Manager (JIA)
at Pet Paradise Resorts
- 30-May-2019 to 29-Jul-2019 (EST)
- Wellness - Jacksonville Airport
- Jacksonville, FL, USA
- Full Time
Pet Paradise offers full service dog boarding, cat boarding, grooming services, day camp at our resorts and Veterinary services at our Wellness Clinics. We offer luxury upgrades, indoor and outdoor play areas with webcams, bone-shaped swimming pools, multi-level kitty condos and spa-type pet care. At Pet Paradise, we are committed to provide a safe, clean and fun environment for all pets.
Pet Paradise has over 800+ employees in several locations throughout the southern region of the country; including, Florida, Texas, Louisiana, North Carolina, Arizona, New Mexico, Virginia and Georgia.
We are rapidly expanding our superior offerings throughout the country!
Come grow with us!
As Veterinary Manager, you will:
- Oversee and train associates on professional, efficient and exceptional client service (lead by example), to include client education about wellness plans, preventive care, pet health needs, wellness services, marketing campaigns, and other related information; effectively resolve client issues.
- Follow all Pet Paradise protocols and practices and be responsible for ensuring associates achieve practice priorities while building our culture and brand.
- Direct, lead and mentor the paraprofessional staff to realize their full professional potential and deliver outstanding, high quality medical care, client service and business results.
- Effectively create and maintain paraprofessional schedules and work with Chief of Staff to schedule associates to meet client needs according to Pet Paradise guidelines, while proactively planning time off and CE scheduling.
- Act as communications liaison, including holding routine wellness clinic team meetings, sharing business information and messaging to all wellness associates, ensuring they remain informed, engaged and have opportunities to provide feedback.
- Provide inspirational leadership to the team by creating a positive professional relationship with the Chief of Staff, Pet Paradise associates, veterinary partners, clients, field leadership and corporate.
- Develop annual planning, budgeting and wellness productivity levels for the wellness clinic in partnership with the Chief of Staff, field leadership and corporate.
- Manage and drive consistent revenue growth and profitability improvements in the wellness clinic. Monitor all financial and operational metrics ensuring deviations from plan are addressed timely and appropriately.
- Manage daily operations of wellness clinic to deliver consistent performance in wellness plan growth, market penetration and client and associate retention. Manage overall labor costs while ensuring appropriate scheduling/staffing during all operating hours.
- Use proven methods to promote wellness clinic and Pet Paradise growth.
- Responsible for cost containment, cash control/banking, loss prevention, office and medical supply ordering, and inventory management, maintaining acceptable wellness audit scores.
- Provide leadership to other area wellness clinics as needed throughout the market as they become operational.
- Ensure compliance with all practice policies and procedures and with all local, state and federal laws.
Experience, Education and Training:
- Bachelor's degree in business or related discipline preferred, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Three years related experience required (health care, veterinary profession, service industry, etc.), including direct supervisory experience (includes hiring, associate development, etc.)
- Pet Paradise experience and/or previous experience as a Practice Manager in veterinary medicine preferred.
- Veterinary technician certification, licensure, and experience preferred.
- Certified Veterinary Practice Manager (CVPM) or Veterinary Management Institute (CVPA) certification preferred
- Availability to work flexible schedules based on business needs, to include weekends and some holidays.
Apply with us for the opportunity to work with wagging tails and purring cats!!!
Pet Paradise is an Equal Opportunity Employer.