Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Bill Production Associate I in Jacksonville, Florida at One Call
at One Call
Bill Production Associate I
Time Off: 15 days of Paid Time plus 10 paid holidays in first year.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), and Company-paid Short/Long Term Disability.
Ensures that all carrier invoices are printed, reviewed and mailed with all necessary attachments daily, while maintaining a high level of accuracy to State and carrier requirements and regulations.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Print all daily and other invoices as requested.
- Review all invoices daily for accuracy.
- Verify ICD-9, HCPCS, and modifier codes.
- Ensure invoices print on correct forms as required by state and carrier.
- Sort invoices according to Distribution List.
- Receive notes from vendors, electronically and paper, sort and forward to appropriate department, if necessary.
- Match notes received from electronic file to paper invoices by dates of service, service type and patient name.
- Associate nursing notes electronically for select carriers via One Call Application system.
- Adding additional documentation as necessary per the carrier requirements such as Cost of Goods or Authorizations.
- Mail invoices per instructions provided by the carrier.
- Input data into system for credit/rebills when determined to be necessary.
- Acquire Doctor License numbers or other information when necessary from state licensing websites, based upon state mandates or carrier specific request.
- Performs processing of appeals and resubmissions.
- Fold, insert and prepare mail for other departments such as Checks, I-supplier letters, denial letters and ACH letters.
- Maintain tracking and documentation as required.
- Performs complex research on missing claims and completes the missing claims report.
- Update Distribution List as changes occur, i.e. Request from carrier, Sales and Marketing or collectors.
- Perform minor maintenance on all equipment.
- Test system changes for accuracy in production.
- Assist other departments with printing and mailing invoices.
- Perform special projects when necessary.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
- High school diploma or GED is required for this role.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of billing principles, practices and processes.
- Knowledge of medical billing/coding and healthcare insurance.
- Knowledge of business and accounting principles and practices.
- Proficient in the use of basic office equipment and tools as well as applications specific to financials and billing systems/processes.
- Knowledge of production processes and other techniques for maximizing the effective distribution of mail.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook and 10 key skills required.
- Strong data entry skills.
- Works well in an environment with firm deadlines; results oriented.
- Ability to multi-task and adjust schedules to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in an organized manner.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Effective team skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
PHYSICAL/EMOTIONAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENTS:
- For roles located in office or home settings; this job is primarily sedentary and may involve repetitive motions; the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands and fingers, speak, and hear.
- For roles located in the field; this job is primarily active; the employee is regularly mobile and must be able to utilize transportation (such as driving), sit, use hands and fingers, speak, and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and lift objects (up to 10 lbs. weight; up to 4 ft. height).
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to see things from a close distance and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment utilizes florescent lighting; noise level is moderate.
- The emotional demand of the job may cause undue stress from, but not limited to, moderate/heavy workload.
- Reasonable accommodations will be individually assessed and possibly made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Please be advised the job description is subject to change at any time.
If working with federal government contract clients, an employee is required to receive federal government clearance for handling sensitive information. Employee is also required to receive annual security awareness training.
Bill Production Associate I
Applies basic skills and may develop advanced skills using tools and equipment appropriate for job or specialization. Duties and tasks are standardized. Resolves routine questions and problems, and refers more complex issues to higher levels. Works under close to moderate supervision and follows standard procedures and written instructions to accomplish assigned tasks. Typically requires less than 1 year of experience in an office setting and/or experience in data entry or arithmetic computation. Clerical type work including filing, mailing, etc. Consults with senior peers on non-complex processes to learn through experience. Requires a High School diploma and typically less than 1 year of experience in an office setting and/or billing experience.
841 Prudential Dr, Suite 204
Jacksonville, Florida, 32207