Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Accounts Payable Associate I in Jacksonville, Florida at One Call
at One Call
Accounts Payable Associate I
Time Off: 15 days of Paid Time plus 10 paid holidays in first year.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), and Company-paid Short/Long Term Disability.
Review, processing, and data entry of approved vendor invoices and other payment requests of moderate to high complexity, priority, and/or dollar volume relating to and in support of the Company’s operations.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Processing and data entry of vendor invoices and payment requests of moderate to high complexity, priority, and/or dollar volume for items such as capital asset purchases, advertising, consultant payments, contract payments, tax payments, check requests and executive expense reimbursements.
- Perform detailed reviews/audits of all documentation supporting payments to be processed in accordance with Company policies and procedures; including matching invoices to electronic or hard copy purchase orders and receiving documents, and verifying approval signatures against current authorization lists and dollar limits.
- For each invoice or payment request, verify that the GL distribution/account coding is appropriate and consistent with the type expense, the legal entity receiving the invoice, and the operating department that originated the purchase.
- Ensure that invoices and other payment requests are data-entered into system under the appropriate “payor” entity, with appropriate pay dates that will result in the payment being received by the vendor or other recipient within agreed-upon/established terms or by the due date specifically requested.
- Work with Procurement/Sourcing buyers to resolve purchase order related issues that are impeding the release and timely payment of an invoice. This includes relaying information to the buyer about the error message received when the posting attempt occurred.
- Participate in and support process improvement and system enhancement projects, and proactively identify ongoing opportunities for such improvements (e.g. accounts payable workflow, account-coding quality).
- A strong ability to analyze documents, invoices, contracts in regard to payments.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of Accounts Payable principles, practices and processes.
- Knowledge of business and accounting principles and practices.
- Proficient in the use of basic office equipment and tools as well as applications specific to financials and Accounts Payable systems/processes.
- Skill in data entry.
- Works well in an environment with firm deadlines; results oriented.
- Ability to multi-task and adjust schedules to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in an organized manner.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Team skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, clients and public.
PHYSICAL/EMOTIONAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENTS:
- For roles located in office or home settings; this job is primarily sedentary and may involve repetitive motions; the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands and fingers, speak, and hear.
- For roles located in the field; this job is primarily active; the employee is regularly mobile and must be able to utilize transportation (such as driving), sit, use hands and fingers, speak, and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and lift objects (up to 10 lbs. weight; up to 4 ft. height).
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to see things from a close distance and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment utilizes florescent lighting; noise level is moderate.
- The emotional demand of the job may cause undue stress from, but not limited to, moderate/heavy workload.
- Reasonable accommodations will be individually assessed and possibly made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Please be advised the job description is subject to change at any time.
Accounts Payable Associate I
Fundamental knowledge of basic skills/concepts with moderate level of proficiency. Works under close to moderate supervision with limited latitude for independent judgment. Works with management or Senior peers on non-complex projects or as part of a team on more-complex projects, to learn through experience. Is an active team member, shares ideas and suggestions appropriate for level of experience. Typically requires 1 to 3 years of related Accounts Payable experience.
841 Prudential Dr, Suite 204
Jacksonville, Florida, 32207