Omni hotels & resorts
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Restaurant Sous Chef | Oceanside
at Omni hotels & resorts
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Category (Portal Searching)
Amelia Island Plantation Resort
At Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort guests can explore 3.5 miles of pristine beach and scenic marshlands whileenjoying luxurious oceanfront accommodations, world-class resort pools, championship golf, full-service spa, endless dining options and family-friendly activities.
Omni Amelia Island Plantation associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort may be your perfect match.
The Oceanside Sous Chef is responsible for supporting the Oceanside Executive Chef with the efficient and effective running of the Oceanside kitchen which produces food for the Restaurant, Pool Deck, Chill Factor and Beach Service.
- Advise Oceanside Executive Chef on all matters relating to the kitchen area and ensure a high standard of cleanliness and hygienic practice throughout the kitchen.
- Manage a diverse team of line level culinarians and culinary supervisors. Provide supervision of Stewards when Stewarding Manager or Executive Steward is unable to be present in the outlet.
- Responsible for training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Responsible for the cleanliness and upkeep of the kitchen and equipment.
- Will participant in creating schedules, give input with budgets, understand forecasting and participate in inventory.
- Previous Restaurant Chef or Sous Chef experience required. Culinary Supervisor experience will be considered based on years of experience.
- Must possess strong organizational, management, culinary, communication, and motivational skills.
- Must be proficient in all aspects of the Food & Beverage/Hospitality industry control procedures.
- Must possess strong background in analytical cost efficiency kitchen management, regional cuisine with all aspects of proper production & presentation methods.
- Must have knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Must be able to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell.
- Servesafe Food Manager Certification Required in the state of Florida.
- Must be able to work holidays, weekend and varied shifts.