Omni hotels & resorts
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Restaurant General Manager | Oceanside Restaurant
at Omni hotels & resorts
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Category (Portal Searching)
- Restaurant Operations
Amelia Island Plantation Resort
At Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort guests can explore 3.5 miles of pristine beach and scenic marshlands whileenjoying luxurious oceanfront accommodations, world-class resort pools, championship golf, full-service spa, endless dining options and family-friendly activities.
Omni Amelia Island Plantation associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort may be your perfect match.
This position is responsible for ensuring proper training and supervision of all associates at the Oceanside Restaurant, Pool Servers, Beach Beverage Cart Servers, Rum & Tequila Experience Bartenders and Chill Factor Cashiers. The Oceanside General Manager is to deliver prompt, courteous service to associates and guests in a manner that complies with Omni Food and Beverage standards and company policies and procedures.
- Oceanside Restaurant is a large operation that includes indoor and outdoor seating, 600 pool chaise lounges, Beach Bar for beach service, pool side grill, two bars and snow cone stand.
- The General Manager of Oceanside will be responsible for performing the following duties for Oceanside FOH associates, Rum & Tequila Experience Associates, Beach Bartenders and Servers, Pool Servers and Chill Factor Cashiers. Culinary and Stewarding are managed separately by the Oceanside Restaurant Chef and Executive Steward.
- Participate in the interviewing and onboarding of all new Oceanside associates. Personally oversee their 30 and 90 day training.
- Provide ongoing training and development to team - including two Assistant Managers, two Supervisors and a large team of bartenders, servers, barbacks, server assistants and hosts.
- Hold associates accountable and participate in Omni's progressive discipline policy when necessary.
- Lead Daily Standups for every shift. Lead Monthly OST Meetings. Work with leadership team to create a culture of sharing and open communication. Encourage feedback.
- Promote Teamwork and the Power of One!
- Work with F&B Director and Assistant F&B Directors to plan annual budget.
- Create and monitor schedules. Complete weekly payroll and forecasting both weekly and monthly.
- Monitor and organize inventory, food cost, beverage cost, ordering of supplies, productivity and labor.
- Handle guest complaints and personally follow up to ensure guest satisfaction has been met.
- Must be visible on the floor working alongside team during peak meal service periods.
- Must promote a safe work environment and educate associates on the importance of following safety guidelines.
- Previous General Manager experience in a similar Food and Beverage operation required.
- Previous experience working with J1 and H2B Visa program preferred.
- Must be able to work outdoors in the elements (varying extremes)- rain, wind, heat, cold.
- Able to stand for long periods of time. Able to navigate the (tiered) pool deck and surrounding area with ease.
- Able to lift, push, pull, bend, squat with ease.
- Must have a strong attention to detail as well as strong customer service skills.
- Must be Food Handler and TIPS certified.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays and various shifts (lunch and dinner).