Omni hotels & resorts
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Recreation Manager | Resort Activities
at Omni hotels & resorts
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Category (Portal Searching)
Amelia Island Plantation Resort
At Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort guests can explore 3.5 miles of pristine beach and scenic marshlands whileenjoying luxurious oceanfront accommodations, world-class resort pools, championship golf, full-service spa, endless dining options and family-friendly activities.
Omni Amelia Island Plantation associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort may be your perfect match.
The Recreation Manager will implement creative recreation activities and deliver four diamond recreation services within our Social Recreation (Pool Deck and Kids Camp) division. The Recreation Manager will support the Director of Recreation.
- Responsible for the financial aspects of the department including budgeting, forecasting and labor costs while increasing revenue and controlling expenses and executing payroll
- Responsible for training of all associates on the social recreation team
- Establish administrative rules and regulations, polices and procedure for the department
- Help develop long range plans for the department by setting and meeting yearly and monthly goals and objectives
- Attend staff department meetings communicating pertinent information to associates, managers and the director
- Oversee and operate all social and group recreation programs and assist in the maintenance and upkeep of recreation facilities
- Continually enhance crafts, family activities, camp, games and experience throughout out property. Create and implement new activities for all ages.
- Monitor recreation areas and restrooms to a ensure a clean and safe environment
- Implement and coordinate cooperate group events with conference services and conference sales managers
- Sell, create, set up, tear down and implement group functions
- Oversee all aspects of Group Recreation to include booking procedures, professionally representing the department and acting as the point person for the group, plan and coordinate agendas and activities for the group, attend planning meetings
- Previous Recreation Leadership experience required / Experience in large resort preferred
- Must be 21 years of age and have a valid driver's license in good standing
- Must be an energetic, active and creative individual able to speak in front of large groups and comfortable working with young children
- Must work well under pressure and assure a safe environment
- Must be able to maintain facilities to include cleaning of Kids Camp area, Towel Hut, Information Desk, Pool Area, etc.
- Will be exposed to working outside in hot and cold temperatures and rain.
- Able to stoop, stand, push, pull, walk or stand for long periods of time, and able to lift 30-50 Lbs frequently (60-100 occasionally)