Millennium Physician Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Operations Manager (Jacksonville)
at Millennium Physician Group
- 11-Feb-2019 to 12-Apr-2020 (EST)
- Jacksonville, FL, USA
- Full Time
The IT Operations Manager is responsible for aligning and streamlining IT Department operations with organizational business objectives as documented and communicated by the Director of IT (DIT). S/he plans, coordinates, and directs IT related organizational activities as well as provides administrative / technical direction and support for daily operations activities of the IT department. This individual works closely with the DIT providing administrative support and information pertaining to the operations of the department aligned with strategic growth and expansion of the organization. Operations IT Manager accomplishes staff results through effective communication of job expectations; planning, monitoring and appraising job results; coaching, counseling and disciplining employees; initiating coordinating and enforcing systems, policies and procedures. Responsible for maintaining communications between the IT department staff and the DIT, identifying opportunities for improvement and establishing goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Plans, coordinates and directs IT daily activities and operations in a results driven fashion.
- Manages staff through effective communication of job expectations, planning, monitoring and appraising job results.
- Coaches, counsels and disciplines employees as needed.
- Works well with DIT providing administrative support and information pertaining to department operations.
- Works closely with DIT to align and streamline IT department operations with organizational business objectives.
- Understands and demonstrates ability to identify improvement opportunities.
- Consistently demonstrates/models superior interpersonal and communication skills.
- Consistently demonstrates/models superb customer service skills across the organization.
- Manages a team of Service Desk Technicians, Technical Support Specialists, Interns, and other resources in the delivery of the IT services in a specific geographic location.
- Manages the moves, adds and changes.
- Assists in the realignment, communication and implementation of departmental changes and direction as new organizational initiatives are developed and implemented
Strategy & Planning:
- Formulation and maintenance of a long-term strategic plan for acquiring and operating efficient and effective information-processing applications, technologies, and communications infrastructures.
- Development and maintenance of a service portfolio plan, including enhancements, replacement, and support of hardware and software systems.
- Development of business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
- Development and maintenance of a sourcing strategy for IT assets, including application software, technical assets, and IT-related physical infrastructure.
- Management of IT department operations, including allocation of resources.
- Maintenance of planned and active IT projects to include business requirements, work plans, planned delivery milestones, allocated resources, and issues, with regular status reporting status to senior management.
- Development and review of budgets for IT Operational capital and expense items, ensuring that they comply with stated goals, guidelines, and objectives.
- Review of IT support delivery performance to determine operating costs, productivity levels, and SLA requirements are met.
- Benchmarking, analysis, reporting, and recommending improvements to IT operational delivery processes.
- Authorizing and overseeing the development, deployment, maintenance, monitoring, and ongoing support of all hardware and software based on company needs.
- Provision oversight of end-user services, including help desk and technical support services Development and implementation of all IT operational policies and procedures, including those for, standards, purchasing, and service provision.
- Establishment and maintenance of regular written and in-person communications with senior management, department heads, and end users regarding IT support activities.
Directly supervises fifteen or more employees in the IT. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Analysis/Problem Assessment Securing relevant information and identifying key issues and relationships from a base of information; relating and comparing data from different sources; identifying cause-effect relationships.
Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs work flows and procedures.
Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans; communicates changes effectively; builds commitment and overcomes resistance; prepares and supports those affected by change; monitors transition and evaluates results.
Coaching - Facilitating the development of other's knowledge and skills; providing timely feedback and guidance to help them reach goals.
Compassion - The responsibility to put a patient's or person's interests first, including the duty not to harm, deliver proper care, and maintain confidentiality.
Compliance - Employee has satisfactory completed employers required compliance training. Employee is able to demonstrate an understanding of employers Code of Conduct.
Communication - Expressing ideas effectively in individual and group situations (including nonverbal communication); adjusting language or terminology to the characteristics and needs of the audience. Good listening skills.
Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources.
Delegation of Authority and Responsibility - Allocating decision-making authority and task responsibilities to appropriate direct reports; utilizing direct reports' time, skills and potential effectively.
Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Developing Organization Talent - Developing direct reports' skills and competencies by planning effective development activities related to current and future jobs.
Follow-up - Consistently maintaining a high activity or productivity level; sustaining long work hours.
Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values.
Individual Leadership/ Influencing - Using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to inspire and guide individuals (direct reports, peers, and supervisors) toward goal achievement; modifying behavior to accommodate tasks, situations, and individuals involved.
Initiative - Making active attempts to influence events to achieve goals; self-starting rather than accepting passively; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive. Practices self-development.
Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work; develops innovative approaches and ideas; presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
Integrity - Maintaining and promoting social, ethical, and organizational norms is conducting internal and external business activities.
Judgement/ Problem Solving - Recognizes problems and responds, systematically gathers information, sorts through complex issues, seeks input from others, addresses root cause of issues, makes timely decisions, can make difficult decisions, uses consensus when possible, and communicates decisions to others.
Managing People - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; makes self available to staff; provides regular performance feedback; develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); fosters quality focus in others; improves processes, products and services.; continually works to improve supervisory skills.
Maximizing Performance - Establishing performance/development goals, coaching performance, providing training, and evaluating performance.
Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
Patient Service Orientation - Proactively developing patient/customer relations by making efforts to listen and understand the customer and their needs (both internal and external); anticipating and providing solutions to customer needs; giving high priority to patient/customer satisfaction. Ensures appropriate follow up and is their advocate in determining solutions. The employee uses a variety of communication techniques to effectively express thoughts and ideas and to understand or influence.
Planning and Organizing/ Work Management - Establishing a course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a specific goal; planning proper assignments of personnel and appropriate allocation of resources.
Performance Coaching - Defines responsibilities and expectations; sets goals and objectives; gives performance feedback; motivates for increased results; recognizes contributions; encourages training and development.
Recruitment & Staffing - Utilizes recruitment sources; exhibits sound interviewing skills; presents positive, realistic view of the organization; analyzes and forecasts staffing needs; makes quality hiring decisions.
Results Driven & Execution - Accountable for meeting or exceeding individual and/or department goals and objectives. Committed to producing results that will achieve company objectives. Sets priorities and organizes time to meet or exceed goals, follows up, and takes personal responsibility for results whether they are positive or negative.
Teamwork/ Collaboration - Working effectively with team/work group or those outside formal line of authority (e.g., peers, senior managers) to accomplish organizational goals; taking actions that respect the needs and contributions of others; contributing to and accepting the consensus; subordinating own objectives to the objectives of the organization or team. Listens to others and values opinions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in IS/IT Preferred; and, 3 - 5 years minimum experience as a technician. 3 - 5 years minimum in an IT management role.
Ability to learn and embrace new technologies and processes.
Proven technical aptitude and experience in Microsoft and health care technology systems.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office, Project Management Software, Kaseya IT Management, Service System, Athena EMR software and ADP Payroll systems.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
ITIL, Project Management, and other job specific certifications.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate depending on business activity in the office.