Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Equipment and Controls Technician - Hilliard
at Kinder Morgan.
The Equipment and Controls Technician (E&C Tech) is based out of Kinder Morgan’s Southern Natural Gas (SNG) Hilliard Compressor Station, located in Hilliard, Florida. This is a Monday through Friday position with some on-call responsibilities nights and weekends. Kinder Morgan offers a robust benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, two retirement plans, paid holidays, and paid time off. Kinder Morgan is one of the largest energy infrastructure companies in North America. To be considered for our Hilliard, FL E&C Tech job click on Apply Now to sign in or create an account to upload your resume. This is a great opportunity if you are an experienced Senior or Industrial Electrician, Electrical and Controls Technician, Electrical and Instrumentation Technician (E&I Tech), Engineer, Electric Technician, Compression Technician, Instruments and Electric Tech, or similar. Experience working with equipment manufactured by Caterpillar Solar Turbines is a plus.E&C Primary Purpose:Implements and maintains electrical power circuits and equipment, control and automation systems, electronic and pneumatic equipment used in pipeline, compressor stations, terminals, pump stations, plant operations and measurement facilities.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Duties include installing, inspecting, maintaining, operating, troubleshooting, repairing and calibrating various mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical and electronic equipment, and completing all appropriate documentation associated with the duties.
- Perform preventative maintenance checks on pumps, compressors, drivers, and auxiliary equipment.
- Performs Inspection and Maintenance (I&M) checks on all control systems.
- Identify, report, and correct safety and environmental concerns.
- Perform all work in compliance with Company standards, procedures, and regulatory and tariff requirements.
- Demonstrate performance toward operational excellence.
- Mentor fellow employees when the opportunity presents itself.
- Maintain electrical switch gear and power distribution
- Perform advanced engine/compressor/pump analytical testing. Lead efforts to develop and implement changes as a result of the analytical testing.
- Assist Corrosion and Engineering personnel with the evaluation / development / implementation / maintenance of facility grounding systems.
- Install, analyze and repair security/intrusion systems
- Responsible for the general upkeep and maintenance of all facilities and equipment as needed.
- Oversee the construction and/or maintenance activities performed by third parties.
- Other duties as assigned
- Two year Associate Degree in job related technical training or equivalent work experience.
Experience / Specific Knowledge:
- Working knowledge of National Electric Codes
- Proficient with electronic test instruments
- Knowledge of process controls and gas processing fundamentals
- Knowledge and experience preparing drawings of electrical circuits
- Knowledge and experience reading and interpreting electrical and mechanical blueprints and diagrams
- Knowledge and experience applying and interpreting results from common electrical measurement instruments (voltmeter, ammeter, ohmmeter, oscilloscope, etc)
- Knowledge of company policies and practices, and regulatory and tariff requirements.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license and a driving record satisfactory to the company and its insurers
- May be required to possess a commercial driver’s license, drive a company commercial vehicle and comply with all commercial vehicle regulations.
- May be required to achieve and maintain certifications as required to perform job duties.
- Must respond to, and address, callouts and emergencies (within 45 minutes) during and after regular business hours including after dark hours, which require carrying a communication device.
- Travel will be required. The position is part of an Operations Team that covers operations from Woodcliff, GA down to Hilliard, FL. Travel will be required to support those operations as needed, with some overnight travel possible. Infrequent travel out of town for training or project meetings will also be required.
- Overtime may be required and is anticipated.
- Job planning and prioritizing
- Intermediate computer skills (knowledge of MS Office, operating systems, company software).
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, decimals) Good verbal and written communication skills
- Customer focus
- Ability to work with a team, take direction from supervisors, keep required work schedules, focus attention on details, and follow work rules
- Must be able to withstand extreme weather conditions
- Must be able to frequently, enter confined spaces, climb to and work from elevated platforms, excavated areas, ladders, stairwells, walkways, etc
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 20 pounds in awkward positions, and ability to lift 50 pounds from floor to waist (occasional)
- May work in low-lit areas
- Be available for shift work when applicable.
- 5 years experience in operating and maintaining treating plants and compressors.
- Knowledge and experience in safe handling practices of flammable gases, liquids and high pressure systems.
- Knowledge and experience with electronic equipment, high pressure gas, processing equipment, pumps and reciprocating or gas turbine engines and compressors. Particular knowledge and experience working with equipment manufactured by Solar Turbines is a plus.
- Knowledge of Wonderware software.
- Working knowledge of Allen Bradley PLC equipment and software.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
As the largest energy infrastructure company in North America, Kinder Morgan owns an interest in or operates approximately 80,000 miles of pipelines and 180 terminals. Our pipelines transport natural gas, refined petroleum products, crude oil, carbon dioxide (CO2) and more. Our assets are core to North American energy infrastructure and help deliver needed energy products to high-demand markets.
The Kinder Morgan businesses are as follows:
Natural Gas Pipelines
With approximately 70,000 miles of pipelines, we are the largest natural gas transporter and storage operator in the United States. Our pipelines are connected to every important natural gas resource play, including the Eagle Ford, Marcellus, Utica, Uinta, Haynesville, Fayetteville, Barnett, Mississippi Lime and Woodford, that will play a significant role in meeting the nation’s long term natural gas supply. We serve the major consuming markets of the entire United States. Key assets include premier interstate pipelines that stretch from coast to coast and a huge intrastate pipeline system in Texas, the state which is the largest producer and consumer of natural gas in the United States.
We are the leading transporter and marketer of carbon dioxide (CO2) in the United States. We deliver approximately 1.3 billion cubic feet per day of CO2 through about 1,300 miles of pipelines. We also produce more than 50,000 barrels of oil per day. Key assets include CO2 source fields in southwestern Colorado, pipelines that transport CO2 from Colorado to New Mexico and Texas, and oil production fields in the Permian Basin of West Texas.
We transport about more than 2 Million barrels daily of gasoline, jet fuel, diesel, natural gas liquids and biofuels through more than 8,000 miles of pipelines. Key assets include refined petroleum pipelines and terminal storage and blending systems that serve California, Florida and other states in the western and southeastern United States. We also transport crude and condensate from the Eagle Ford shale to the Houston Ship Channel. Specific to renewable fuels, our Products and Terminals business segments combined handle about 30 percent of all of the ethanol used in the United States.
We operate approximately 180 terminals that have a combined liquids storage capacity of more than 110 million barrels for refined petroleum products, crude oil, chemicals and biofuels. We also handle over 105 million tons per year of dry bulk materials such as coal, petroleum coke and steel. Key assets include large liquids terminals on the Houston Ship Channel and in New York Harbor, Los Angeles Harbor and Edmonton, Alberta, as well as strategically located coal terminals in the Southeast and along the Gulf Coast.
Kinder Morgan Canada
Our Trans Mountain pipeline system originates in Edmonton, Alberta, and is the only oil sands pipeline that transports crude oil and refined petroleum to Vancouver, British Columbia, and Washington State. We have proposed and are pursuing a major expansion of Trans Mountain.
As a market leader in each of our businesses, we are always looking for skilled professionals to join our team. When you join Kinder Morgan, you join a different kind of Energy Company. We tie financial incentives for our employees directly to the performance of the company and their own personal performances. At Kinder Morgan, you will find a dynamic and safe work environment that promotes career growth and recognizes achievements.
Join the Kinder Morgan Talent Network today and check out our current opportunities!
What is a Talent Network?
Talent Networks enhance your job search and application process. Whether you choose to apply or just leave your information, we look forward to staying connected with you.