JM Family Enterprises, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Supervisor Automotive Transport
at JM Family Enterprises, inc.
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Job Family
Southeast Transportation Systems, Inc. (STS) was established in 2000 to better serve Toyota dealerships in Florida, Georgia, Alabama, North Carolina and South Carolina. We operate out of a state-of-the-art 21,500-square-foot facility in Jacksonville, FL, which includes a comfortable and welcoming driver lounge, complete service shop, truck wash, fuel island and more.
STS is part of Southeast Toyota Distributors, a division of JM Family Enterprises, Inc. and the world’s largest independent distributor of Toyotas. The company was established in 1968 when Jim Moran partnered with Toyota Motor Sales to help expand the automaker’s presence in the U.S. market. Today, Southeast Toyota distributes vehicles, parts and accessories to 177 independent Toyota dealerships in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, and North and South Carolina. Vehicles manufactured in North America and Japan are processed at the company’s facilities in Jacksonville, FL, and Commerce, GA. Southeast Toyota also supports dealers through regional sales and marketing, customer service, accessory development and sales, fleet sales, and transportation and logistics.
The Automotive Transport Supervisor for Southeast Transportation Systems (STS) has direct responsibility for a team of 8 dispatchers/load builders and indirect responsibility for a large fleet of auto transport drivers. This position is responsible for the hiring, training and support of associates while ensuring compliance with all federal and state regulations, and company policies. The successful candidate focuses on the safe, accurate and efficient service to our customers while maintaining a work environment supportive of the organization’s values of cooperation, consideration, communication, accountability and innovation. At STS we believe our associates are our most important asset.
- Management of a dispatch team, responsible for building, communicating, and reconciling daily loads and delivery specifics
- Ability to support driver supervisors, charged with directing a large over-the-road driver population with productive tasks while maintaining DOT compliance.
- Oversee safety for drivers including Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) safety rating
- Interview and facilitate new hire on-board process
- Ability to spearhead damage investigation and closure for STS and our respective business partners
- Thorough understanding of the compliance for various records required by regulatory agencies, such as driver qualification files, drivers’ time log, schedule of available driver's hours, post-trip inspection reports, vehicle maintenance records, fuel and mileage records, IFTA taxes and other reports as needed
- Oversee dispatch office payroll process via our time-keeping system
- Serve as a back-up for dispatchers and loadbuilders when needed, including after hours, weekends and holidays
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Detailed knowledge and application of DOT and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration required.
- Familiarity with transportation industry, load building and dispatching experience.
- Demonstrated ability to handle interpersonal situations effectively and productively.
- Proven success in administering associate level performance management documentation
- Demonstrated ability to apply knowledge to real-world situations.
- Ability to clearly convey necessary information in verbal or written formats.
- Proficient in general computer applications such as GMAIL, Word, Excel, etc.
- Demonstrated willingness to work a flexible schedule as required, inclusive of 24 hour availability to drivers via phone.
- Demonstrated experience working with minimal supervision
- 3 Years Supervisory experience
- Five or more years experience in the trucking industry
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Vast working knowledge of Federal and state trucking regulations.
- Working knowledge of TMW and Peoplenet preferred
- Familiarity with Kaizen and other lean practices
- Must be willing and able to relocate now or in the future to Jacksonville or Commerce locations