Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Project Manager - Aviation Design
The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Jacobs is seeking a Civil Engineer - Aviation Design in our Jacksonville, FL office. Candidate must have a comprehensive understanding of principles, theories, concepts, and industry practices and standards and their application.
- Demonstrate time management skills
- Maintain effective communication with project team members and with the customer
- Participate in planning, cost development and management, and scheduling for assigned projects
- Perform all aspects of engineering, and design, bidding and construction support services
- Work under minimal supervision, work is reviewed for accuracies on completion
- Will provide some technical guidance to less experienced design and engineering personnel
- Perform quality control and design calculations
- Direct and coordinate activities of Project Engineers, Engineers, and Technicians to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget
- Maintain positive relationships with current and past clients
- Supervise the design and ongoing progress of a project, including the coordination of the project with City, State, and Federal officials, and other outside agencies as required
- Use computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks
- 5-10 years of experience required
- BS or MS in Civil Engineering
- Florida PE registration is preferred
- FAA and FDOT experience
- Proficiency with in AutoCAD Civil 3D, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Project required.
- Ability to work in team environment
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Jacobs does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law