International Flavors and Fragrances
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Quality Control Supervisor
at International Flavors and Fragrances
Quality Control (Technical)- Jacksonville, FL
IFF is looking for people who want to grow in the technical areas. This QC Supervisory position could be a stepping stone into future management positions in the Jacksonville location.
The Quality Control Supervisor is responsible for:
- overseeing the safe and efficient operations of the QC laboratory, including managerial oversight of five QC Technicians
- ensuring that safety training and inspections are completed in the QC laboratory areas and participates in the site Plant Safety Committee
- maintaining (troubleshoot and repair, and maintain calibration in accordance with site ISO 9000 requirements) 23 analytical instruments in use supporting plant manufacturing operations
- ensuring that sales samples sourced from the plant are available and shipped in a timely fashion to meet customers' demands.
- managing personnel across a 24/7/365 day operation.
- selecting talent that can drive the department forward in both inefficiencies and technically.
- Bachelor's degree in the Sciences, preferably in Chemistry.
- Skilled in use of computer software programs: manufacturing systems such as SAP, etc. Microsoft (or equivalent) products including Word processors, Spreadsheets, etc., E-mail systems, Web Searches, etc.
- Skilled in writing of technical reports / specifications.
- Skilled in reviewing and interpreting at-line quality control data (gas chromatograms, color, density, etc.)
- Skilled in troubleshooting and maintaining analytical instrumentation (GC, colorimeter, reagent stocks, etc.)
- Skilled in odor evaluation for chemical products and familiarity with odor testing methods.
- Familiarity with ISO 9000 Standard (ISO 9001:2015).
- 5 years working experience in Quality Control or Scientific laboratory in a manufacturing environment
- 5 years direct experience managing people
- Previous experience preparing and offering for shipment dangerous goods.
- Experience with SAP Quality Management Module.
- 2 - 5 years direct supervisory or people management experience in a Union manufacturing environment.