International Flavors and Fragrances
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Production Process Supervisor
at International Flavors and Fragrances
It’s an exciting time to become a part of the IFF (International Flavors & Fragrances, Inc) team! We are looking for our next Production Process Supervisor to become part of our growing and industry-leading team in Jacksonville, FL.
The purpose of the position is to supervise chemical operators in daily work assignments. The position works closely with plant engineering to execute plans and troubleshoot issues found in chemical manufacturing process. The position works 12-hour shifts and rotates on a day/night rotation while working every other weekend. The facility runs 24/7/365.
As a Production Process Supervisor, you will spend your time...
- Overseeing resource allocation of the chemical operators
- Monitoring Processes
- Interacting with quality personal to ensure finish product meets specifications
- Perform the automated control activities through the use of process control systems and procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field or High School Degree/Cert (or similar certification) with a minimum of 5 years working experience in the chemical, petrochemical, pharma, or similar process industry.
- Math skills are essential in the function of this position including multiplication and division.
- Proven ability to multi-task, good communication and teamwork skills, and the ability to operate safely in a chemical manufacturing facility.
- The position requires that employees must be able to wear a respirator as well as lift, carry, pull and push equipment, materials and other required items up to 55.1 pounds.
- Position requires the ability to climb multiple types of ladders including pole ladders and step ladders/stairs. Climbing heights of up to 90 feet.
- Vision (including color vision), hearing and smelling are essential functions of the position.
- Minimum of 4 years' working experience in the chemical, petrochemical, pharma, or similar process industry.
- An Associates or Bachelors degree can supplement for 2 years of working experience.
- Working experience (minimum of 2 years) with computer software programs: word processors, spreadsheets, email, internet usage, etc.
- 5 years working experience in a chemical manufacturing company working with computerized process control systems.
- Working experience using software programs: SAP and Process Control Systems.
- Previous leadership role in a manufacturing environment.