Hospice of Marion County
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Registered Nurse (FT) - West Team (Field)
at Hospice of Marion County
Work Days/Hours: M-F 8a-5p
Coordinates, monitors, and follows plan of care for assigned patients. Provides nursing care, education and support to the patient/family and/or care givers. Promotes professional integrity. Participates in interdisciplinary team.
To achieve our vision, we make commitments to those whose lives we touch on a daily basis. We value our internal and external customers. The values shared by the members of Hospice of Marion County, Inc, define our company culture - * Respect * Integrity * Stewardship * Teamwork * Recognition * - we speak and live our values every day, with every person, every time! Come join a team of extraordinary professionals who are dedicated to the mission of providing exceptional, compassionate end-of-life care to our community.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Implements and coordinates plan of care. Assesses the patient's physical and emotional condition. Updates care plans as needed.
• Demonstrates understanding of Interdisciplinary Team concept, cooperating and working with all team members for effective patient care.
• Educates Patient/Family/Caregiver/Nursing Home Staff on administration of medication, symptom management and pain control as directed by physicians and Hospice of Marion County, Inc. standing orders and protocol when applicable.
• Records observation of reactions and any side effects of medications.
• Informs the team Clinical Manager of the patient's disease progression and all other appropriate clinical matters concerning the patient/family unit for which she/he has responsibility.
• Educates patient/caregiver on proper and safe use of durable medical equipment and oxygen administration.
• Requests Chaplain/volunteer services as indicated by patient and/or family to provide spiritual support, emotional support and respite services to family and caregiver.
• Performs thorough, accurate supervisory visits for CNA/HHA within guidelines required by hospice policy and regulatory agencies.
• Attends IDT meetings prepared to present patient's current status and plan for continuation of care.
• Collaborates with primary physician on an ongoing basis to ensure optimal symptom control and continuity of care plan.
• Actively participates in recertification process by verifying dates of benefit periods, facilitating appointments with primary physician as needed, and submitting required documentation in a timely manner for review by Medical Director or designee.
• Participates in the orientation/training of new staff through shadowing, communication of acceptable performance standards, promotion of Hospice philosophy and procedures.
•Minimum Associates Degree in Nursing; Nursing Diploma, BSN preferred.
•Must be a current Registered Nurse with a license issued by the Florida Board of Nursing.
•Must have a minimum of (1) one year clinical nursing experience; (2) two or more years clinical nursing experience preferred.
•CPR Certification required.