Hospice of Marion County
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Certified Nursing Assistant (PT 24/wk) Legacy House
at Hospice of Marion County
Work Days/Hours: Weekend Days (Sat & Sun 7 am-7 pm)
Provides physical and personal care to the patient and assistance to the primary caregiver and family unit in a professional, courteous, supportive manner. Promotes professional integrity, team work and participates in the interdisciplinary team functions. Provides continuous care coverage as needed.
To achieve our vision, we make commitments to those whose lives we touch on a daily basis. We value our internal and external customers. The values shared by the members of Hospice of Marion County, Inc, define our company culture - * Respect * Integrity * Stewardship * Teamwork * Recognition * - we speak and live our values every day, with every person, every time! Come join a team of extraordinary professionals who are dedicated to the mission of providing exceptional, compassionate end-of-life care to our community.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Physical care of patient: bathes patient, changes linens on patient bed, feeds patient, assists patient with ambulation and transfer, assists patient with range-of-motion exercises/positioning, reinforces dressings as needed, follows infection control procedures and Standard Precautions against Blood-borne Pathogens, and other duties as assigned by primary nurse or PFCC according to the CNA assignment sheet.
• Performs light housekeeping in the patient area including but not limited to: laundry, taking out trash, meals, dish washing, cleaning and disinfecting equipment, replenishing supplies, dusting, vacuuming, sweeping, and mopping.
• Assists other Hospice team members in the instruction of the primary caregiver and family re: physical care, disease process, and emotional support of the patient.
• Offers support and assistance to the primary caregiver and family during the course of the disease process and Hospice program involvement.
• Submits required progress notes and documentation for medical record, care plan, updates, payroll and statistics.
• Uses supplies/equipment, judiciously. Optimizes use of inventory.
• Moves patients in a manner consistent with Safety practices which includes use of proper ergonomic lifting/moving techniques and training, in order to maintain a safe environment
• Provides coverage for peers during vacations and at other times of agency needs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
•Must have a High School Diploma or GED general education degree required.
•Must have a minimum of (6) six months experience as a CNA in a hospital or long-term care skilled nursing facility.
•CPR Certification required.
•Must have a valid Florida Driver's License, maintain current auto insurance coverage and have access to a reliable automobile.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
•While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; stand and reach with hands and arms; to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch.
•The employee must frequently lift up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move a bed bound patient who is unable to assist with his/her own care using the appropriate equipment; weight may vary 10-250 pounds.
•Physical ability to access any home, hospital, Nursing Home, Doctor’s Office, or Assisted Living Facility.
•Ability to communicate with customers and provide feedback.
•Frequent mobility in and out of offices and buildings.
•Frequent use of hands and arms to reach, lift, carry and move objects.
•Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
•Possible contact with communicable diseases.
•Frequently works in outside weather conditions.
•Noise level in work environment is usually moderate.