Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Warehouse Associate w/Backup Driving
at Hawkins, inc.
Hawkins, Inc. is a formulator, manufacturer, blender, distributor, and sales agent for thousands of industrial chemicals and reagent grade laboratory chemicals sold to municipalities and businesses throughout the Central United States. Thousands of organizations across a variety of industries have depended on Hawkins for the chemical products they need since 1938. Our Water Treatment division services a wide range of clients: municipal water and wastewater treatment systems, commercial swimming pools, industrial process and wastewater facilities, food manufacturers, agricultural growers, and the oil/gas industry. This is Hawkins' fastest growing division and we look to continue to provide excellent support to our customers.
Learn more about us at www.hawkinsinc.com/careers .
ABOUT THE JOB
We have an exciting opportunity for a Warehouse Associate with Backup Driving to join our team in our Brooker , FL branch. This role contributes to the success of the branch and offers career growth opportunities. Working with the team and also independently, the Warehouse Associate maintains the warehouse area at the branch, supports the Technical Route Sales Representatives, and may also perform some deliveries.
Many aspects of this job are learned through company-provided, paid, on-the-job training!
- Perform all warehouse duties and procedures including pick, pack, prepare and ship all orders according to DOT requirements.
- Load and unload product by truck; inspect and fill chemical containers.
- Perform inspections and maintenance tasks as needed.
- Perform product rotation, cycle counts, and physical inventory counts. Help resolve inventory discrepancies.
- Maintain/monitor warehouse and office data, and ensure upkeep of housekeeping standards.
- May provide back-up support to the sales team, including driving a truck, delivering product, and providing excellent customer service.
- Follow all safety procedures and safely operate motorized and non-motorized equipment/vehicles including double axle tandem truck, fork lift and pallet jack. Comply with all applicable Federal, State and Corporate environmental, safety, health regulations and standard operating procedures.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to operate an industrial fork truck required; previous experience preferred
- Ability to obtain a Class B CDL with hazmat, tanker and airbrakes endorsements (we will assist in training – must meet DOT and company requirements)
- Ability to perform basic computer functions such as email and data entry
- Good communication and customer service skills
- Takes initiative and works well without constant supervision
- Ability to work varied hours, overtime, and provide field support as needed
- Ability to lift and carry up to 75 pounds
- Must be able to push/pull up to 100 pounds
- Ability to drive a straight truck with GVWR over 26,000 pounds and up to 45 feet in length
- Ability to follow and meet all safety standards and requirements
All resumes/applications must be submitted online at www.hawkinsinc.com/careers.
Hawkins, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status.
Hawkins, Inc. is a Drug Free Workplace Employer