Gulf Coast Health Care
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
RN Staff Developer @ Windsor H&R
at Gulf Coast Health Care
STAFF DEVELOPER (RN) SUMMARY:
To plan and implement Center orientation, job skills training, and in-service education programs in accordance with Company policies and regulations. The primary function of this position is recruiting and training associates and to monitor and guide these positions throughout the course of employment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with the Administrator, Director of Nursing, and Center staff in assessing training needs and plan programs that meet priority needs and regulatory requirements. Continually, communicate with department director to assess needs in relation to staff training needs as a basis for determining priorities. Responsible for obtaining resources from the community.
- Facilitate new hire orientation program.
- Plan and implement center in-service education programs in accordance with staff needs and regulatory requirements. Develop and improve the skills of center personnel.
- Maintain at least the following records for the staff development program: Yearly educational program schedule. Lesson plans, program agenda, and attendance information on each program session presented and/or attended. Individual educational record documentation, apprises appropriate department managers and Administrator of those that have failed to attend in-service programs that are mandatory by state, federal or company requirements. In concert with the above, coordinate budget with the Administrator for materials and equipment for the program. Maintain an awareness of expenditures from the budget and maintain effective communication with the administrator on the use of the budget.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENT:
- Must be capable of performing the Essential Job Functions of this position with or without
- Must be able to relate positively and favorably to residents, families, and outside agencies and
to work cooperatively with other associates.
- Ability to present to groups.
- Ability to remain calm under stress.
- Ability to communicate with local staff, remote staff, and outside agencies.
STAFF DEVELOPER (RN) QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must hold a current and valid RN license in the state employed.
- Must have two (2) years' training experience.
- Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance as required.
- Must meet all local health regulations and pass post- employment exam, if required.