Kindred at Home
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Full Time Hospice Medical Social Worker
at Kindred at Home
I believe that the care we give can make every moment count.
Compassionate care, uncompromising service and clinical excellence – that’s how our Hospice improves quality of life in the final stages of life. By delivering palliative care by hospice professionals, our patients can spend their remaining days in comfort and peace. Kindred at Home, a division of Kindred Healthcare Inc., is the nation’s leading provider of comprehensive home health, hospice, and non-medical home care services.
Kindred at Home, and its affiliates, including Gentiva, delivers compassionate, high-quality care to patients and clients in their homes or places of residence, including non-medical personal assistance, skilled nursing and rehabilitation and hospice and palliative care. Our caregivers focus on each unique patient to deliver the appropriate care and emotional support to our patients and their families.
We believe that every moment matters. We believe in compassionate care. Most of all, we believe in dignity and respect for each patient we serve.
As a Hospice Medical Social Worker, you will:
- Provide wide range of psychosocial services to terminally ill patients and their families.
- Regularly assess the patient and family psychosocial needs.
- Regularly assess the pre-bereavement/anticipatory grief needs.
- Implement the Plan of Care provisions to meet their needs, which include: social service goals for alleviating problems, supportive counseling, problem solving, community referrals pre-bereavement and bereavement care.
- Regularly re-evaluate the patient’s and family’s psychosocial needs.
- Master’s Degree from a school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education
- Minimum of two year social work experience in a healthcare setting or social services agency
- Current Social Worker license
- Hospice experience a plus
- Knowledge of and ability to obtain community resources (information and referral, state/federal financial programs and eligibility requirements, etc.).
- Understand Hospice philosophy, principles of death/dying
- Strong organizational and communication skills
Keywords: Case management, case manager, case worker, clinical social work, clinical social worker, community outreach, Healthcare, health care, Homecare, home care, home health, homehealth, hospital, human services, LMSW, LSW, L.M.S.W., L.S.W., medical, medical care, med surg, med-surg, medicare, PRN, PDM, social work, social worker, MSW, M.S.W., medical social work, medical social worker, master social work, master social worker, master’s social work, master’s social worker, mastered social work, mastered social worker, hospice, palliative care, social services, hospice social work, hospice social worker, palliative care social work, palliative care social worker, end of life support, end of life care, certified hospice and palliative social worker, CHP-SW, CHP SW NASW, National Association of Social Workers, home health social work, home health social worker, SW job, SW jobs, MSW job, MSW jobs, clinical social work job, clinical social work jobs, clinical social worker job, clinical social worker jobs, LMSW job, LMSW jobs, LSW job, LSW jobs, L.M.S.W. job, L.M.S.W. jobs, L.S.W. job, L.S.W. jobs
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.