General Dynamics Information Technology
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
LCS TAO Trainer at LCS Training Facility (LTF), Mayport, FL
at General Dynamics Information Technology
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Job Function
- Technical Operations (TechOps)
- Security Clearance Level
- Full/Part Time
- Full Time
General Dynamics Information Technology is actively seeking a Littoral Combat Ship (LCS) Tactical Action Officer (TAO) Trainer / Navy Combat System, Command and Control Subject Matter Expert (SME) at LCS Training Facility, Mayport, FL
Develops; organizes; and conducts navigation, seamanship, and professional ship handling training and educational programs for personnel assigned to USS FREEDOM (LCS-1) Class Littoral Combat Ships. Must be capable of conducting conventional knowledge-based classroom teaching and performance/scenario-based laboratory training. The candidate would serve as a Senior LCS-1 Mission Control Center (MCC) Instructor to train LCS-1 sailors in tactical employment of the LCS combat system (COMBATSS-21) and associated weapons systems, system capabilities and limitations, employment of automated doctrine systems, mission planning and execution, and tactical communications. When required, the candidate would provide subject matter expertise in support of curriculum development for LCS courses supporting ship Host Combat System operations and employment training.
- Must be prepared to support the Train to Qualify (T2Q) and Train to Certify (T2C) process utilizing shore-based trainer requiring dynamic assessment of watchstanders during integrated scenarios.
- Primary instruction in LCS-1 Tactical Action Officer (TAO) Capstone and LCS-1 Crew Certification Training. Additional trainer support required to act as Warfare Commander in scenario lab based environments.
- Prepares; reviews; and customizes curriculum lesson plans and instructor guide in support of traditional classroom teaching.
- Supports Formal Course Reviews and Curriculum Updates; conducts training gap analysis provides formal feedback and recommendation for Course improvement.
- Based on seniority; will be responsible for the preparations of subordinate instructor’s annual performance appraisals for leadership.
- Develops; tests; maintains; and delivers moderately complex Navy Combat Systems training programs and related materials in support of CSCS training objectives.
- Establishes and reviews course content and objectives.
- Conducts training sessions and develops criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of training activities.
- Maintains records of training activities; participant progress; and program effectiveness.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Candidate will be required to support a second shift work schedule on a rotational basis.
Bachelor's Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications, training, or work/military experience.
Seven (7) years of experience with the required system or process as either a maintenance technician manager or operator manager with responsibility for teaching the applicable system or function task to others in a master level training environment. For Waterfront instructors, relevant experience in the fields of Surface, Subsurface, Air, Strike, C4I, or Ballistic Missile Defense is required. Of the seven years, one (1) year of experience as an instructor in a Navy Training Environment, to include curriculum maintenance, writing learning objectives, preparing test items, evaluating instructional materials and the results of instruction and counseling students on academic learning problems including one (1) year relevant experience interfacing with training systems/simulations for effective and correct presentation of learning objectives.
Experience as trainer/instructor in support of CSCS/ATRC/TACTRAGRU is a significant plus. Must be able to support training with extended periods on your feet while instructing. Travel may be required up to 10 % of time.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.