Gannett Fleming Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Gannett Fleming Inc
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Job Category
- Construction Management
- Employment Status
At Gannett Fleming, we believe in improving the lives of the people we serve. We believe in innovation and social responsibility. We believe in the diversity of our team and the creative solutions they provide. We believe in embracing change and emerging technologies while maintaining an unmatched standard of quality. We believe in creating an environment where employees can thrive at home and at work. We believe in engaging our employees, building lasting relationships with our clients, and, in turn, making a difference in the world.
Excellence Delivered As Promised. It’s more than a slogan. It’s our standard. It’s the expectation we place upon ourselves as individuals and as a company. It represents our commitment to our valued clients, industry partners, and employees. It’s our earnest pledge to do what we say. It’s the core of who we are as a firm and the foundation upon which all of our relationships and projects are built.
What You Will Do
Gannett Fleming construction management and construction inspection professionals provide service on projects ranging from small projects to multi-million dollar capital improvement programs. Our mission is to employ construction staff committed to “state-of-the-art” procedures ranging from transportation infrastructure to office buildings, schools, universities, and industrial facilities, water, wastewater, and dam/levee construction projects. Joining Gannett Fleming’s construction work force means delivering award-winning projects while cultivating client relationships.
Gannett Fleming is looking for experienced Construction Managers to join our Jacksonville, FL water/wastewater Construction Management team. The qualified candidates will be able to demonstrate closely relevant experience in monitoring construction contractors and monitoring inspection of contractors' work to verify compliance with plans and specifications for water and wastewater pipeline and treatment plant rehabilitation projects in a major city environment. The qualified candidate will also be able to demonstrate superior understanding of construction means and methods, importance of public and worker safety and techniques to measure quality of materials and workmanship.
- Responsible for overall on-site contract management, administration, project controls, and coordination on mid to large size projects of a diverse and complex nature. Monitor and enforce contractor compliance with plans and specifications
- Supervise and mentor assigned on-site construction administration and inspection staff.
- Inspects various facets of work on the construction site to ensure compliance with all applicable codes, standards, and regulations.
- Develop and maintain a professional working relationship with the engineering consultants, client, contractor, and regulatory agencies.
- Attend periodic progress / coordination meetings and prepare meeting minutes.
- Documents nonconformance and participates in discussions to determine appropriate resolution.
- Direct the contractor on removal and replacement of defective work which does not meet specifications or is otherwise incorrectly constructed.
- Obtain and coordinate response to contractors' inquiries and Requests For Information in a timely manner.
- Review and analyze contract change order requests and proposals to determine validity thereof and make recommendations.
- Review claims and disputes and recommend necessary actions. Arrange for construction materials testing by third party testing laboratories and review test reports to ensure that materials installed meet the requirements of the contract documents. Review payment request and adjust as necessary to align amount of pay requested with actual progress of construction satisfactorily performed.
- Ensure the project team obtains the latest version of contract documents.
- Develops job safety practices and drafts safety reports.
- Prepare progress report on the construction status of each project. Review and evaluate change management requests
Must have similar prior experienced as a Construction Manager for significant wastewater or water treatment projects to be considered for position
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Construction Science, Construction Management, or equivalent is preferred
- EIT, PE or CCM is preferred, but not required.
- 6-10 years of related, relevant experience in various aspects of construction management including, but not limited to estimating, subcontracts, scheduling, cost control, etc. will be considered in lieu of educational qualifications
- Experience in cured in place pipe lining is a plus. Possess general knowledge of all disciplines of construction, preference will be given to candidates having prior experience with water and wastewater collection system and facility construction and modifications
- Understand the major deliverable terms of the engineering and construction contracts and manage projects accordingly
- Proficiency with computer software including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc. is required
- Experience with other computer software (AutoCAD, Contract Manager, P6, and Timberline, etc.) is preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to read and interpret construction drawings and technical specifications
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Travel and overtime work will be required
Ability to hear normal conversation
Ability to Lift/Carry - 20 to 50 pounds
Ascend/descend ladders, scaffolding, etc.
English language ability
Read PC Screen
Operate technological devices such as tablets and smart phones
Drug test may be required
MOT- immediate or advanced
CTQP Earthwork I AND II
Life at Gannett Fleming
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,500+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veterans status or other characteristics protected by law.
Gannett Fleming will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Working Hours: Site Required
Employment Status: Full-time
Internal Requisition ID: 2019-6024