Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at FIS Global
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
In today’s highly competitive private equity market, firms must not only deliver superior returns, but also respond to more stringent reporting requirements and increasing demands for information – both from within and outside their organization. Throughout the industry there is mounting pressure on organizations to do more, requiring a clear technology strategy that not only addresses the demands of today, but also enables the growth and performance of tomorrow. We are global company and the individual will have the opportunity to be part of a team with resources located in both India and United States, developing a commercial financial application
What you will be doing
As a Web UI Software Development Engineer, you will be focusing on deliver high-quality web applications with superior user experience.
- Responsible for development activities for assigned tasks and stories
- Participates in scrum ceremonies, including review and planning of stories and creation of development tasks
- Stays up to date, and follows defined best practices to for the complete Software Development Life Cycle
- Develops new code and maintain existing code
- Works closely with architects and peers to understand current practices and guidelines as well as providing feedback and new ideas to constantly improve
- Works closely together with Business Analysts and UX designers to make sure there is a clear understanding of what needs to be developed and are also actively contributing with alternative approaches and design ideas that will shorten implementation without compromising on quality or desired result.
- Effectively communicates development activities and findings in oral and written forms
- Familiar with scrum/agile best practices
- Self-starter and a quick learner
- Actively participates in scrum demos
- Performs other related duties as assigned
What you bring:
Overall 4-6 years in IT (at least 2 years developing Single Page Applications (SPAs) using Angular 4+, TypeScript, CSS 3/SASS and HTML5)
- At least 2 years of experience developing Single Page Applications (SPAs) using Angular 4+, TypeScript, CSS 3/SASS and HTML5
- Proven experience with Rest Services and JSON
- Willing to work in afternoon shift timings 12.30 pm to 9.30 pm.
- Bachelor of Computer Science or Software Engineering or equivalent
Desired but not required
- Experience developing commercial financial/banking systems
- Development of Rest services
- Experience writing automated UI unit tests
- NPM (and the whole Node.js suite)
- JFrog Artifactory
- Sonar Qube
- Soap UI
- Fluent in English
- Excellent communicator – ability to discuss technical and commercial solutions to internal and external parties and adapt depending on the technical or business focus of the discussion
- Attention to detail – track record of authoring high quality code
- Organized approach – manage and adapt priorities according to client and internal requirements
- Self-starter but team mindset - work autonomously and as part of a global team
What we offer you
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities – FIS is your final career step!
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
With a 50-year history rooted in the financial services industry, FIS™ is the world's largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions. We champion clients from banking to capital markets, retail to corporate and everything touched by financial services. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, our 53,000 worldwide employees help serve more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries. Our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor’s 500® Index.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the FIS Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here and here
For positions located in the US, the conditions below apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test and background check (including criminal record check) ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
As part of the selection process this role may require an assessment to determine suitability
FIS™ is the world’s largest global provider dedicated to banking and payments technologies. With a long history deeply rooted in the financial services sector, FIS serves more than 14,000 institutions in over 110 countries. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Fla., FIS employs more than 39,000 people worldwide and holds leadership positions in payment processing and banking solutions, providing software, services and outsourcing of the technology that drives financial institutions.
Join us as we redefine secure financial technology on a global level. We’re proud to be a Fortune 500 company and the world leader in the global financial technology industry. Greatness doesn’t just happen. It takes innovation, investment and a commitment to being the best at what you do. That’s why, at FIS™, we offer more than jobs with benefits. We offer the opportunity to realize your potential, push your limits and make real contributions to the financial technology industry and the world. If you share our spirit of excellence and achievement, you’re the type of person we want working beside us. We’re an equal opportunity employer offering competitive salaries and terrific benefits in energetic work environments.
Talent, if you have it, we want it. Join the FIS Global Talent Network today!
What is a Talent Network?