Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Software Test Analyst II
at FIS Global
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develops, maintains and upgrades manual or automated test scripts, utilities, simulators, data sets and other programmatic test tools required to execute test plans.
• Performs usability testing for total system performance, reliability, scalability and security.
• Effectively communicates testing activities and findings in oral and written forms.
• Controls and manages own daily test activities.
• Provides internal quality assurance.
• Supports test lead to identify risks and develops mitigation strategies.
• Organizes and maintains the test script library.
• Other related duties assigned as needed.
Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Knowledge of methods, tools and technology used in software testing
• Knowledge and use of quality management methods, tools and technology used to create and support defect-free, application software that meets needs of client/business partner
• Knowledge of basic principles, processes, phases and roles of application development methodologies
• Knowledge of primary database engines with a demonstrated ability to write complex queries to be used for data validation and troubleshooting
• Knowledge of object-oriented development tools, techniques and principles with expertise in at least one object-oriented language
• Knowledge of functions, features and components of existing and planned operating systems and applications
• Skill in understanding and focusing on the client needs
• Skill in analysis, solid decision-making and problem solving
• Ability to work in an agile development environment where developers and testing personnel work closely together to ensure requirements are met or exceeded
• Ability to deliver results under pressure
• Ability to demonstrate interpersonal and teambuilding skills working with technical and non-technical individuals
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, clients, vendors and public
FIS JOB LEVEL DESCRIPTION
Career level role. Develops and implements solutions that require analysis and research. Works on small to large, complex projects that require increased skill in multiple technical environments. Possesses knowledge in a specific business area. Works on one or more projects as a team member or occasionally as a project lead. May coach junior technical staff. Works under general supervision with latitude for independent judgment. May consult with senior peers on certain projects. Typically requires four or more years demonstrated experience in Automation software testing.
With a 50-year history rooted in the financial services industry, FIS™ is the world's largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions. We champion clients from banking to capital markets, retail to corporate and everything touched by financial services. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, our 53,000 worldwide employees help serve more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries. Our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor’s 500® Index.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the FIS Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here and here
For positions located in the US, the conditions below apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test and background check (including criminal record check) ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
As part of the selection process this role may require an assessment to determine suitability
FIS™ is the world’s largest global provider dedicated to banking and payments technologies. With a long history deeply rooted in the financial services sector, FIS serves more than 14,000 institutions in over 110 countries. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Fla., FIS employs more than 39,000 people worldwide and holds leadership positions in payment processing and banking solutions, providing software, services and outsourcing of the technology that drives financial institutions.
Join us as we redefine secure financial technology on a global level. We’re proud to be a Fortune 500 company and the world leader in the global financial technology industry. Greatness doesn’t just happen. It takes innovation, investment and a commitment to being the best at what you do. That’s why, at FIS™, we offer more than jobs with benefits. We offer the opportunity to realize your potential, push your limits and make real contributions to the financial technology industry and the world. If you share our spirit of excellence and achievement, you’re the type of person we want working beside us. We’re an equal opportunity employer offering competitive salaries and terrific benefits in energetic work environments.
Talent, if you have it, we want it. Join the FIS Global Talent Network today!
What is a Talent Network?