Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at FIS Global
FIS is looking for an Engineering degree in Computer Science or equivalent, with a clear ability and desire to work with all parts of software development, including specification, programming, documentation and testing.
Position Responsibilities –
• This is a specialized and stimulating job for software engineers, who works with the Valdi Exchange trading market gateways team. By 'market' we mean an electronic exchange, broker, ECN or information platform, such as Reuters RMDS. As a market gateways developer, you have the overall responsibility for one or more markets. You will be working together with the other member of the Markets team.
• The role includes development, maintenance, testing and support of market gateways components for order routing, over the counter trading, quoting and deal capture. Equally important is building and maintaining relationships with market representatives. You must monitor and understand the functionality provided by the market as well as the technical and functional development plans for the market.
Position Requirements –
• You should have a good knowledge of the C++ programming language.
• Our architecture is object oriented and uses the network programming techniques and you should have good understanding and experience of such techniques.
• All our markets gateways are low-latency and real-time which makes those aspects important in most tasks of the programming and design that you will be involved in.
• You should be familiar with concepts and technologies like TCP/IP, UDP and Sockets.
• Our solution is multi-platform and should be mainly available on Linux and Solaris. Windows is also used but only for some components.
• Experience in building gateways between software systems in general and any type of previous experience of electronic exchange systems or financial systems would be valuable but is not required.
• Basic understanding of financial products and derivatives is equally useful.
• Experience from automating processes, code generation tools is a big plus.
• Experience in agile development and project management is appreciated since it is an important part of our daily work.
With a 50-year history rooted in the financial services industry, FIS™ is the world's largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions. We champion clients from banking to capital markets, retail to corporate and everything touched by financial services. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, our 53,000 worldwide employees help serve more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries. Our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor’s 500® Index.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the FIS Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here and here
For positions located in the US, the conditions below apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test and background check (including criminal record check) ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
As part of the selection process this role may require an assessment to determine suitability
FIS™ is the world’s largest global provider dedicated to banking and payments technologies. With a long history deeply rooted in the financial services sector, FIS serves more than 14,000 institutions in over 110 countries. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Fla., FIS employs more than 39,000 people worldwide and holds leadership positions in payment processing and banking solutions, providing software, services and outsourcing of the technology that drives financial institutions.
Join us as we redefine secure financial technology on a global level. We’re proud to be a Fortune 500 company and the world leader in the global financial technology industry. Greatness doesn’t just happen. It takes innovation, investment and a commitment to being the best at what you do. That’s why, at FIS™, we offer more than jobs with benefits. We offer the opportunity to realize your potential, push your limits and make real contributions to the financial technology industry and the world. If you share our spirit of excellence and achievement, you’re the type of person we want working beside us. We’re an equal opportunity employer offering competitive salaries and terrific benefits in energetic work environments.
Talent, if you have it, we want it. Join the FIS Global Talent Network today!
What is a Talent Network?