Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Software Engineer - Software Development
at FIS Global
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for the system (not content of company material, utilizing experience with a variety of network technologies to lead internal and external clients with internet, intranet, or extranet-based applications including C++, Java, XML, HTML, CGI, ASP, multimedia applications, database interactions, and data modeling tools.
• Builds applications using internet and windows development tools.
• Provides written design documents, test plans and test results.
• Manages, develops, integrates, and implements related applications components including front-end development, server-side development, and database integration.
• Plays a direct role in programming, maintenance, technical support, documentation, and administration of the applications.
• Establishes and communicates standards to manage cost and ensure continuity of applications.
• May work with outside vendors in developing tests to ensure feature functionality.
• Suggests technical alternatives and improves and streamlines processes and systems.
• Completes project assignments and special projects commensurate with job expectations.
• Conducts planning, analysis, and forecasting activities to plan projects and tasks.
• May provide leadership and/or guidance to other technical professionals.
• Other related duties assigned as needed.
A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Knowledge of the principles of multiple applications development methodologies
• Knowledge of the processes, phases, and roles relevant to common development methodologies
• Knowledge of data networks and web security
• Willingly shares relevant technical and/or industry knowledge and expertise to other resources
• Knowledge of internet development and debugging tools
• Knowledge of web services, technology and tools
• Knowledge of data modeling
• Knowledge of graphic and functional design
• Knowledge of differences between how an application works on a local machine versus a server
• Knowledge of differences among various types of browsers and browser versions
• Proficiency in at least one applications development methodology
• Knowledge of project management
• Proficiency in developing code for the client or the server
• Proficiency in at least one client-side scripting language
• Ability to demonstrate a high level of critical thinking, making sound and timely decisions under conditions of ambiguity and uncertainty
• Proficiency to identify and correct basic coding errors
• Proficiency to implement a design using the project-specific tools
• Proficiency to manage and coordinate test activities for assigned application
• Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external customers
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
• Excellent problem-solving, team, and time management skills
FIS JOB LEVEL DESCRIPTION
Developing professional role. Moderate skills with high level of proficiency. Develops and implements solutions that require analysis and research. Works on small to large, complex projects that require increased skill in multiple technical environments. Possesses knowledge in a specific business area. Works on one or more projects as a team member or occasionally as a project lead. Responsible for maintaining a functioning user-accessible website. May be involved in website planning and deployment. Writes technical documentation regarding the website's technical requirements. May coach junior technical staff. Works under general supervision with latitude for independent judgment. May consult with senior peers on certain projects. Typically requires four or more years web development experience.
With a 50-year history rooted in the financial services industry, FIS™ is the world's largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions. We champion clients from banking to capital markets, retail to corporate and everything touched by financial services. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, our 53,000 worldwide employees help serve more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries. Our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor’s 500® Index.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the FIS Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here and here
For positions located in the US, the conditions below apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test and background check (including criminal record check) ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
As part of the selection process this role may require an assessment to determine suitability
FIS™ is the world’s largest global provider dedicated to banking and payments technologies. With a long history deeply rooted in the financial services sector, FIS serves more than 14,000 institutions in over 110 countries. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Fla., FIS employs more than 39,000 people worldwide and holds leadership positions in payment processing and banking solutions, providing software, services and outsourcing of the technology that drives financial institutions.
Join us as we redefine secure financial technology on a global level. We’re proud to be a Fortune 500 company and the world leader in the global financial technology industry. Greatness doesn’t just happen. It takes innovation, investment and a commitment to being the best at what you do. That’s why, at FIS™, we offer more than jobs with benefits. We offer the opportunity to realize your potential, push your limits and make real contributions to the financial technology industry and the world. If you share our spirit of excellence and achievement, you’re the type of person we want working beside us. We’re an equal opportunity employer offering competitive salaries and terrific benefits in energetic work environments.
Talent, if you have it, we want it. Join the FIS Global Talent Network today!
What is a Talent Network?