Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Java Developer
at FIS Global
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
Apex Collateral is a front-to-back, cross product and cross asset enterprise collateral management and securities finance platform. We build solutions that helps our clients to comply with regulations, achieve collateral optimization and handle the volume and complexity of collateral management activities.
What you will be doing
We are currently looking for a Java developer to join our core development team. As a Software Developer you strengthen the existing cross functional Scrum team, contributing towards the implementation of the future architectural and functional enhancements to meet the market demand.
- You will be responsible for implementation of future architectural enhancements of the platform.
- Design and development of product enhancements making use of the best of enterprise technologies meeting the standards of the platform.
- Development of the platform to meet the standards of performance and scalability expectations.
- Maintenance and enhancement of the platform.
What you bring:
- B Sc. in Computer Science or similar degree.
- 5+ years of commercial software development working with Java SE/JEE.
- Very good expertise in software design patterns, integration patterns and enterprise architectural concepts.
- Hands on experience with Spring Framework and Middleware, JMS and JPA/Hibernate.
- Competence in the usage of REST-APIs
- Experience working with offering/integrating Service APIs (using Microservice Architecture).
- Adapting and integrating open source frameworks and technologies.
- Experience with Relational databases (Oracle, SQL Server etc)
- Experience with DevOps concepts (Continuous Integration and Delivery)
- Drive to deliver high quality software.
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team
- Ability to contribute in an international based Agile team structure.
- Fluency in English
Added bonus if you have:
- Understanding of Docker, Kubernetes/OpenShift
- Understanding of web frontend technologies: Angular v2+
- Understanding of Web Socket communication protocol
- Experience in financial markets
What we offer you
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
- Competitive salary and attractive range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing (including private healthcare, 27 days of vacation, work from home – 4 days per month, etc.)
- Varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset
With a 50-year history rooted in the financial services industry, FIS™ is the world's largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions. We champion clients from banking to capital markets, retail to corporate and everything touched by financial services. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, our 53,000 worldwide employees help serve more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries. Our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor’s 500® Index.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the FIS Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here and here
For positions located in the US, the conditions below apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test and background check (including criminal record check) ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
As part of the selection process this role may require an assessment to determine suitability
FIS™ is the world’s largest global provider dedicated to banking and payments technologies. With a long history deeply rooted in the financial services sector, FIS serves more than 14,000 institutions in over 110 countries. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Fla., FIS employs more than 39,000 people worldwide and holds leadership positions in payment processing and banking solutions, providing software, services and outsourcing of the technology that drives financial institutions.
Join us as we redefine secure financial technology on a global level. We’re proud to be a Fortune 500 company and the world leader in the global financial technology industry. Greatness doesn’t just happen. It takes innovation, investment and a commitment to being the best at what you do. That’s why, at FIS™, we offer more than jobs with benefits. We offer the opportunity to realize your potential, push your limits and make real contributions to the financial technology industry and the world. If you share our spirit of excellence and achievement, you’re the type of person we want working beside us. We’re an equal opportunity employer offering competitive salaries and terrific benefits in energetic work environments.
Talent, if you have it, we want it. Join the FIS Global Talent Network today!
What is a Talent Network?