Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Front End Developer ( Angular)
at FIS Global
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs and modifies software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked or Internet-related computer programs. (Code must be used in core version of applications available for sale commercially.)
• Interacts with product managers and/or users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
• Participates in software design meetings and analyzes user needs to determine technical requirements.
• Write technical specifications based on conceptual design and stated business requirements.
• Writes code, completes programming and performs testing and debugging of applications using current programming languages and technologies.
• Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
• Trains and communicates with internal Client Training, Client Relationship and Sales teams on systems application.
• May be responsible for developing or executing project plans, budgets and schedules and for documenting work and results.
• May deliver informational and decision-seeking presentations to technical and business groups to internal and/or external audiences.
• Other related duties assigned as needed.
A Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering, computer science or other related discipline or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Knowledge of FIS products and services; in-depth knowledge of products and services in assigned line(s) of business
• Knowledge of financial services industry
• Knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles, e.g., waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development
• Knowledge of standards relevant to the software industry , e.g., ISO, CMM, Six Sigma
• Knowledge of banking practices, regulations and operations within assigned line(s) of business
• In-depth understanding of design patterns and their application
• Fluency in developing and understanding sequence diagrams, class models, etc.
• Proficiency in solutions design and requirements definition disciplines leveraging model driven design based tools and techniques including conceptual solution component models, business process models, use cases, etc.
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
• Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team and time management skills
• Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take
• Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed
• Positive outlook, strong work ethic, and responsive to internal and external clients and contacts
• Willingly and successfully fulfills the role of teacher, mentor and coach
• May require in-depth knowledge of networking, computing platform, storage, database, security, middleware, network and systems management and related infrastructure technologies and practices
FIS JOB LEVEL DESCRIPTION
Advanced professional role. Requires a broad knowledge of the system development life cycle; products, services, practices, regulations and operations associated with the assigned line(s) of business; and software engineering alternatives. Requires proficiency in at least two higher-level programming languages. Evaluates systems specifications for complex business requirements, develops and prepares computer-based solutions. Analyzes problems in terms of detailed equipment requirements and capabilities, including those related to scalable applications, and cloud-based resources. Verifies program logic by preparing test data for trial runs. Receives general supervision and is competent to work at the highest level of all technical phases of software engineering while working on own or in a team environment most of the time. May be involved in providing assistance and training to lower level software engineers. Typically requires seven or more years software engineering work experience.
With a 50-year history rooted in the financial services industry, FIS™ is the world's largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions. We champion clients from banking to capital markets, retail to corporate and everything touched by financial services. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, our 53,000 worldwide employees help serve more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries. Our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor’s 500® Index.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the FIS Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here and here
For positions located in the US, the conditions below apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test and background check (including criminal record check) ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
As part of the selection process this role may require an assessment to determine suitability
FIS™ is the world’s largest global provider dedicated to banking and payments technologies. With a long history deeply rooted in the financial services sector, FIS serves more than 14,000 institutions in over 110 countries. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Fla., FIS employs more than 39,000 people worldwide and holds leadership positions in payment processing and banking solutions, providing software, services and outsourcing of the technology that drives financial institutions.
Join us as we redefine secure financial technology on a global level. We’re proud to be a Fortune 500 company and the world leader in the global financial technology industry. Greatness doesn’t just happen. It takes innovation, investment and a commitment to being the best at what you do. That’s why, at FIS™, we offer more than jobs with benefits. We offer the opportunity to realize your potential, push your limits and make real contributions to the financial technology industry and the world. If you share our spirit of excellence and achievement, you’re the type of person we want working beside us. We’re an equal opportunity employer offering competitive salaries and terrific benefits in energetic work environments.
Talent, if you have it, we want it. Join the FIS Global Talent Network today!
What is a Talent Network?