Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Engineer - Technical Writer
at FIS Global
- Creates, develops, plans, writes and edits operational, instructional, maintenance or test procedures for paper, multimedia or web-based publication.
- Conducts interviews with various users and technical staff to gather data for documentation.
- Researches and translates technical information into manuals and/or web-based documents for nontechnical and technical users.
- May document engineering processes and specifications.
- Recommends formats responsive to technical and customer requirements.
- Produces products that conform to the company documentation and quality assurance standards.
- Creates and updates User Documentation and/or online help for the assigned project according to BU documentation requirements and standards.
- Creates clear and concise documentation for projects based on the client/BU requirements.
- Learn and understand the product usage for appropriate preparation of user documents.
- Customize content to meet user needs of understanding and using the product features.
- Research and understand technical documents to establish basic technical understanding of the project.
- Identify relevant information sources to clarify understanding of the project/product within the team and client/BU.
- Proficient/knowledgeable in documentation tools such as:
- Authoring tools: MadCap Flare, RoboHelp, MS Word, FrameMaker
- Screen capture tool: SnagIT
- Graphic Design tools: MS Paint, PhotoShop, PaintShop Pro
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field of study, or equivalent of education and experience
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Must be able to express oneself clearly, both written and verbally.
- Good interpersonal, organizational, communication, presentation and reporting skills are required.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in financial software, specifically in fund accounting is preferred.
- A strong working knowledge and understanding of Investment Finance and associated principles is required.
With a 50-year history rooted in the financial services industry, FIS™ is the world's largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions. We champion clients from banking to capital markets, retail to corporate and everything touched by financial services. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, our 53,000 worldwide employees help serve more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries. Our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor’s 500® Index.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the FIS Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here and here
For positions located in the US, the conditions below apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test and background check (including criminal record check) ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
As part of the selection process this role may require an assessment to determine suitability
FIS™ is the world’s largest global provider dedicated to banking and payments technologies. With a long history deeply rooted in the financial services sector, FIS serves more than 14,000 institutions in over 110 countries. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Fla., FIS employs more than 39,000 people worldwide and holds leadership positions in payment processing and banking solutions, providing software, services and outsourcing of the technology that drives financial institutions.
Join us as we redefine secure financial technology on a global level. We’re proud to be a Fortune 500 company and the world leader in the global financial technology industry. Greatness doesn’t just happen. It takes innovation, investment and a commitment to being the best at what you do. That’s why, at FIS™, we offer more than jobs with benefits. We offer the opportunity to realize your potential, push your limits and make real contributions to the financial technology industry and the world. If you share our spirit of excellence and achievement, you’re the type of person we want working beside us. We’re an equal opportunity employer offering competitive salaries and terrific benefits in energetic work environments.
Talent, if you have it, we want it. Join the FIS Global Talent Network today!
What is a Talent Network?